Imagine a future where you shape our energy trading activities in commodity markets through digital solutions and advanced data science techniques
Join us in this role where you’ll advance the digital transformation of our trading activities in close collaboration with traders, trading analysts, and the centralised data and analytics environment of our business.
Welcome to Market Trading
You’ll be part of Trade Support & Analysis where you, together with your colleagues, will deliver analysis and tools for our well-founded trading function of highly skilled professionals managing the commodity exposure of our European renewable portfolio. Your primary stakeholders will be analysts and traders in Market Trading as well as likeminded analysts in the wider organisation.
You’ll play an important role in:
- working with fundamental market and weather data to extract value-adding insights
- engaging with our traders, data analysts, and model developers to realise our digital
- developing data science-fuelled algorithms from prototypes to production stage
- delivering power price analysis with a particular focus on the Nordic market
- extracting valuable insights from time series analyses of weather data and patterns.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have profound experience with time series analysis and forecasting
- have an analytical and collaborative mindset, and enjoy working with data and visualisation
- have strong programming skills in Python or similar programmes
- are fascinated by the complexity of power markets and trading
- have interest or experience in mathematical optimisation
- are motivated by increased earnings from data-driven trading activities.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 24 October 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Hans Christian Loer Linderoth, Head of Trade Support & Analysis, on +4599555249 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
About the job
24 October 2021, 23:59 CEST
Working hours: Full-time
Employment type: Permanent
Hans Christian Loer Linderoth
Head of Trade Support & Analysis
Change your consent
- 6,000 employees worldwide.
- Headquartered in Denmark and located in 13 countries.
- Ørsted develops, constructs and operates offshore and onshore wind farms, solar farms, energy storage facilities, and bioenergy plants, and provides energy products to its customers.
- Our vision is to create a world that runs entirely on green energy.
An inclusive team
Ørsted wants all employees to have the same opportunities for impact and growth, regardless of age, nationality, disability, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or beliefs. We’re committed to secure an inclusive work environment characterised by a respect for all people so everyone feels free to openly share their input and ideas.
What we offer
- Pension scheme, health insurance and five weeks of holiday entitled by the Danish Holiday Act. In addition to the five weeks of holiday, you’ll also receive a total of 10 paid days off for holiday purposes and fixed holidays per holiday year. For new employees, the allocation of paid holidays is made on a pro rata basis, depending on the date of employment.