MacGregor shapes the offshore and marine industries by offering world-leading engineering solutions and services with a strong portfolio of MacGregor, Hatlapa, Porsgrunn, Pusnes and Triplex brands. Shipbuilders, owners and operators are able to optimise the lifetime profitability, safety, reliability and environmental sustainability of their operations by working in close cooperation with us.
Shape your journey onboard and offshore with us
We are looking for a Tender Manager Handling to join the sales team of MacGregor's Fishery and Research (FAR) business line. The purpose of the position is to facilitate and enforce quality management in the sales and tender process and contribute, organize and oversee the facilitation of documentation, processes and activities aimed to support respective Sales Managers in the sales process, with focus on areas relating scope, cost and risk.
The role also takes an active part in the continuous development and improvement of processes and procedures, not only limited to the Sales Department.
This position reports to Jakob Nielsen, Senior Sales Manager and is part of MacGregor's Offshore Solutions Division. The location of this position is Bodø, Norway.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Evaluate RFQs in respect to core business, product portfolio and project attractiveness
- Consider bid or no bid according to set instructions (PEM) procedures and decide further process for the project
- Lead and contribute to the production of technical specification, drawings and required documentation during the tender phase
- Lead and contribute to the production of cost analysis, estimations and project costings during tender phase
- Manage activities, organize processes and assign tasks to personnel and departments / teams as required from case to case, during the tender phase
- Ensure required and sufficient documentation is submitted into quality gates per PEM and results of these are incorporated into the project / tender process
- Ensure that business coverage ratio terms of sales within currency, margins and risk parameters will be made applicable to the sales price
- Ensure that sold projects are being properly established in respect to scope, budget, check lists, PLM and SAP as per procedure
- Provide properly conducted handover to the project department and provide adequate support to the project in the first stage to ensure protection of scope, cost and risk
- Provide / ensure back office support of sales personnel on travel / meetings
- Provide prognoses as a part of the sourcing process.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, or similar
- Relevant experience can compensate for lack of formal education
- At least 5 years of relevant technical experience and relevant experience on MacGregor – Triplex products
- Education and/or experience in technical products in MacGregor
- Computer skills in the most used data and word processing, including SAP
- Background from international maritime environmental/oil & gas environment
- Good knowledge of English, both written and verbal.
You will be part of:
By joining MacGregor, you will be able to work closely with leading industry professionals, developing and implementing new concepts that set the standards in the maritime transportation and offshore industries. We offer our employees the opportunity to be part of a truly global organization leveraged upon our shared values of Integrity, Quality and Safety. With us you will be part of a collaborative working culture with challenges and opportunities to further develop yourself professionally.
Interested to join?
For further information please contact Jakob Nielsen, Senior Sales Manager on email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are excited about this opportunity, please submit your CV by 07.06.2021.
MacGregor is part of Cargotec
MacGregor shapes the offshore and marine industries by offering world-leading engineering solutions and services with a strong portfolio of MacGregor, Hatlapa, Porsgrunn, Pusnes and Triplex brands. Shipbuilders, owners and operators are able to optimise the lifetime profitability, safety, reliability and environmental sustainability of their operations by working in close cooperation with MacGregor.
MacGregor solutions and services for handling marine cargoes, vessel operations, offshore loads,crude/LNG transfer and offshore mooring are all designed to perform with the sea. www.macgregor.com
MacGregor is part of Cargotec. Cargotec's (Nasdaq Helsinki: CGCBV) sales in 2020 totalled approximately EUR 3.3 billion and it employs around 11,500 people.