Thales people architect identity management and data protection solutions at the heart of digital security. Business and governments rely on us to bring trust to the billons of digital interactions they have with people. Our technologies and services help banks exchange funds, people cross borders, energy become smarter and much more. More than 30,000 organizations already rely on us to verify the identities of people and things, grant access to digital services, analyze vast quantities of information and encrypt data to make the connected world more secure.
"As market leader within Digital Identity and Security, Thales makes personal digital interaction simple and secure in an increasingly connected society. From secure software to biometrics and encryption, Thales provides technologies and services that enables business and governments to authenticate identities and protect data, enabling its clients to offer trusted digital services to billions of individuals. Located in Älvsjö since 2012, the site houses both a commercial office as well as two productions within Identity & Biometric Solutions, and Banking & Payment Services. Working commercially across all business areas within Digital Identity and Security, Thales has become a trusted partner within various businesses as well as governments throughout the Nordics.
Together, we are shaping the world around us to build the future – here and now! Our experts’ competences and cultural backgrounds are unique in their diversity. Today, they develop solutions for the data-based, autonomous and immersive world of tomorrow – from autonomous vehicle control systems to collaborative combat systems, from interconnected cockpits to safe clouds and cyber-secure communication, from self-learning radar systems to virtual reality solutions for training and predictive maintenance. Passion for innovations and cutting-edge technologies is our motivation.
As a recognized part of the Global high-tech industry, we develop tomorrow's key technologies today. We offer innovative, highly secure, robust and highly available communication, information and control systems as well as services for safe land, air and maritime traffic, for civil and military safety and protection requirements, and in the field of digital identity and cyber security. Furthermore, we develop and manufacture satellite components for national programs and for the global market.
We have the right solutions for the protection of personal, business or authority data. Companies and governments trust in our technologies to securely and reliably handle their digital interactions with humans. Our identity management and data protection technology ensures security in the financial markets or during border crossing. We offer comprehensive software and service solutions for digital banking and payment services as well as solutions for the challenges of increasing connectivity and the growing IoT market. More than 30,000 organizations use our technologies for checking the identity of persons and things, for granting access to digital services, or for analyzing and encrypting large data volumes.
Thales with its headquarters in France has about 80,000 employees in 68 locations.
About the role:
For our activities in the field of digital identity, smart card, authentication and security services we look for a
Technical Support Engineer (Ref.Nr. R0164381)
to join our team in Stockholm.
You will be part of a local, customer-focused team and work together with account managers, pre-sales and customer services.
The role involves following tasks:
- Support enterprise / governmental Swedish customers on Level-2 and Level-3 technical product issues
- Diagnose hardware, software and systems’ related problems / admin tasks, when required
- Carry out independent research to find technical solutions, backed up by our engineering teams
- Logging and transferring non-technical service issues to relevant teams (such as internal sales, operations, customer services and sales order processing)
- Provide advice on configuring and optimising Thales products, to ensure that services are running effectively
- Provide customers with downloads of software upgrades, product keys, licenses and documentation as permitted by their maintenance contract.
- Operate within the Support CRM, updating tickets and generating knowledgebase articles, write instructions and test reports.
- On-Call-Work with extra compensation is required (approx. once in 6 weeks)
- A university degree, ideally IT related, or similar education
- 1-2 years of experience as a support engineer in the field of system / server administration or application support
- Good working knowledge in Windows (Active Directory etc.)
- Good communication skills for the work with enterprise customers
- Fluent Swedish and English language
- Swedish citizenship is required for this special position
This is nice to have, but no prerequisite:
- Familiarity with virtual environments (VMware or equivalent)
- Knowledge in database, web services and/or networks
- Software development experience (Java, .NET, C++, SQL, XML, …)
- Understanding of authentication and authorization traffic flows such as (PKI, IAM etc.)
What Thales offers you:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours and wide opportunity to work from home
- Integration as a part of an international (EMEA) support team
- Travelling during onboarding to different Thales divisions
- Competent colleagues and engineering teams to back you up
- Regular internal professional training
We understand the needs and interests of all people at Thales. The personal and professional development as well as the advancement of teams are very important to us and we invest a lot. We offer a wide portfolio of training opportunities. We honor accomplishments and provide an attractive compensation policy.
An open dialogue and transparency are actively practiced and demonstrated. We actively promote diversity, create the necessary framework conditions and commit to a resolute support for all forms of diversity. We are convinced that mixed teams get the best results and that equal opportunities are a matter of course. For our exemplary dedication in terms of a personnel management based on equal opportunities, we were given the TOTAL E-QUALITY award. Special programs promote diversity and inclusion as well as compatibility of family and career. We assist our employees with the balancing act between private life and the exciting challenges at Thales.
At Thales, we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries, our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to deelop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working.
Great journeys start here, apply now!
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!