As the Technical Superintendent Denmark/Sweden, you will lead the technical activities of the technical operation within Denmark/Sweden and manage the maintenance of your allocated vessels so that they achieve short and long-term financial, commercial and operating objectives, as set by the overall country’s business plan. This role will either be based in Lindø, Denmark or Gothenburg, Sweden reporting to the Cluster Technical Manager for Scandinavia. We encourage applicants based in both Denmark and Sweden to apply.
For the right candidate, besides a challenging position and a great team of co-workers, Svitzer offers a market competitive compensational package with good benefits, bonus possibilities. The technical team has a lot of freedom with responsibility to plan their own workdays to ensure the maximum up-time and appropriate maintenance of our tugs. With colleagues based in Sweden, Denmark and Germany, you will be joining a diverse and collaborative organisation and a high-performance company with strong values.
- Ensuring the full technical readiness of vessels to meet the service commitments of the operating location.
- The management, planning and coordination of maintenance, regular service periods, dry-dockings and vessel upgrades through the designated service contractors / vessel crew as appropriate, ensuring prompt return to the fleet.
- The development and use of planned maintenance systems via group digital maintenance management
- Ensure that vessels are properly maintained and ready to meet the operational requirements of the port and our service commitment to our customers.
- Management of the technical budget for the maintenance and repair, dry dockings, including monitoring of and control of the costs of repairs and maintenance.
- Assist the Cluster Technical Manager in the planning and co-ordination of maintenance, regular servicing, dry dockings and vessel upgrades through the designated service providers.
We are looking for
- Collaborative team player who work well together with both onshore and crew colleagues
- Marine operational experience including management as senior seagoing engineer or superintendent preferred
- Familiarity with Maritime Rules, Regulations, Codes and Guidelines; ISM Code and ISPS requirement’s and class.
- Experience with setting and maintaining financial budgets.
- Verbal and written fluency in English and Danish/ Swedish (depending on location, understanding of both Danish and Swedish is a plus)
- Financial analysis skills and leadership abilities.
- A strong aptitude for numbers and accuracy and be able to perform under stress and work within strict deadlines.
- Professional approach to yard representatives, Class surveyors and Maritime administration personal.
- The role requires extensive travel in Denmark and Sweden, due to the location of vessels to be supervised.