Technical Lead / Assistant Project Manager
Vard Electro AS
This role is part of the Project Managers team. As Technical Lead / Assistant Project Manager you are the projects technical authority and decised / approved technical solution. You have the overall technical reponsibility of the project, ensuring an integrated delivery fulflling all end costomers requirements within the scope of Vard Electro's contract.
Duties and responsibilities
The Technical Lead will have overall technical responsibility for the project:
- Deliver according to Specification
- Manage Design to Cost at System-of-Systems level
- Systems Integration (between sub-systems, i.e. on project and product group level)
- Validation of solution
Work with the PM on scope assignments to the departments, and establish and maintain Requirments traceability Matrix, including:
- Clarification of unclear items with Design/owner
- Definition of acceptance criteria
- Planning of acceptance events
- Management of changes
Develop System philosophy, decompose customer requirements and allocate functions to systems.
Maintain systems configuration
Technical evaluation of VO’s
Handover of technical solution to R&S (Maintenance) and give support to Warranty Management
- Relevant higher education or other relevant experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the maritime industry
- Knowledge of VARD and / or Vard Electro
- Fluent english
- Strong technical understading related to Power Systems
- Good cooperation and communication skills.
- Targeted and proactive.
We can offer
- A good working environment with exciting and important tasks in an international environment
- Responsibility and opportunity to contribute to the development of a growing company
- Professional and personal development opportunities
- Independent and varied work tasks
- Competitive terms
- Good pension and insurance contracts
- Modern and new Offices
Some travel activity should be expected.
Applications will be processed continuously.
Tennfjordvegen 113, 6264 Tennfjord, Norway
Vard Electro is a globally recognized and trusted provider and advisor of marine electrical systems. Established in Norway in 1997, Vard Electro has today approx. 900 employees based in Norway, Romania, Brazil, Singapore, India, Italy, UK and Vietnam, and operating worldwide.
In close cooperation with the customer, Vard Electro offers effective and environmentally friendly solutions with a focus on optimization of the operational performance. Vard Electro works with all established brands in the market, thereby giving customers smart solutions with a high degree of flexibility. Currently more than 300 vessels are sailing with integrated electrical systems, including complete systems for power management, propulsion, automation, and navigation, delivered by Vard Electro.