Do you want to play an important role in the testing of mission critical C2 systems? Do you want to influence and take part in improving the way that we do system testing? Then keep reading!
Terma provides mission critical solutions for the defense and aerospace industry. We are guided by one overall purpose: to deliver security for countries, alliances, and individuals. We operate in a variety of areas, but security is always the key. We deliver advanced technologies to keep people safe, both in peacetimes and in times of conflict. Our systems provide security for people on land, at sea, and in the air. In space, we are engaged in reaching new frontiers and enabling people on our planet to deal with new and upcoming challenges. Terma puts an emphasis on diversity and brings passionate people together with different cultural and professional backgrounds.
The team and organization
In this role we are looking for a System Tester for our Core team within our Command & Control (C2) organization in Herlev. The C2 organization is mainly responsible for our C2 Naval system, C-Flex, that provides situational awareness et. al. for surveillance, maritime safety, and combat purposes at sea. The C2 organization counts 90 highly engaged colleagues and is an area of great focus and importance in Terma. Within the C2 organization in Herlev we work in stable, interdisciplinary, and self-managed teams based on the agile principles.
Working out of our Herlev location, you will be part of our C2 Core team that is responsible for the core functionality in our C2 Naval systems. The core of the C2 system is made up of functionality to provide operators with mission critical situational awareness information fused from multiple sensors like radar, electro-optical, and camera. The information is combined and presented user-friendly on one or more displays to provide the operators with the best possible operational overview – dependent on the given mission.
The role and your most important tasks
As a System Tester you will be the responsible for system level testing of the C2 system, meaning that you will verify the complete integration of software and hardware components. Other examples of responsibilities are:
- Continuous system level verification of new functionality developed by the C2 Core team
- System level requirement maturation with perspective of testability
- Ensuring requirement to test traceability and vice versa
- Maturation of methods, tools, and processes to create highly cohesive automated testing practices
- Coach software developers in securing testability
- Participate in test activities necessary to ensure system and project delivery – including tests onboard military vessels (typically in Denmark)
- Participate in the team scrum events like planning, refinement, retrospective, and review/demo
- Sparring and knowledge sharing with your fellow system testers in the C2 organization
Your experience and education
You have experience setting up test SW/HW test environments including simulators to conduct system level testing. You have an eye for how to improve and make your work smarter e.g. through automation of your daily work. Very importantly, you can engage with your colleagues to assess system test readiness and to ensure the needed test coverage according to the timelines of the project.
Additionally, we expect that you have:
- 3+ years of system and/or software testing experience – including experience with automatic and manual regression testing
- Experience with test tools, including test management tools like HP ALM
- Experience with requirements management tools like DOORS
- Jira and Confluence experience
- Great communication skills allowing you to write reports and coach your colleagues effortlessly
Experience with the below is a plus:
- Specification and planning of test activities
- Knowledge of agile development methods (Scrum)
You as a person
- Your profile allows you to navigate in an interdisciplinary environment where solutions and deliverables are a result of an effective interaction between system and software development. You enjoy working in a complex and highly specialized environment. You respect the formal working processes while still mastering agile principles
- You are a team player, and you take pride in communicating actively and acting proactively towards you colleagues
Candidates must be able to obtain a security clearance by the Danish national security agency. This entails that candidates, as a minimum, have stayed within NATO/EU for the last 7 years only interrupted by short stays abroad and also have citizenship from a country that is member of NATO.
What can Terma offer you?
You will join a high-tech, international, and creative working environment in a demanding sector that offers many challenges and opportunities for personal development. You will be part of a dedicated team characterized by professional pride and humor. In addition to the professional challenges, Terma offers a wide range of social activities and sports facilities, where employees meet in an informal atmosphere.
Want to know more?
Feel free to contact Michael Smed Kristensen, Director, C2 Situational Awareness via mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit your CV and application as soon as possible, as we will process applications continuously. Please note, that in order to manage your application effectively and confidentially in our recruiting system, we only receive applications via our job portal.
The high-tech and innovative Terma Group develops products and systems for defense, non-defense and security applications, including command and control systems, radar systems, self-protection systems for aircraft and vessels, space technology, and aerostructures for the aircraft industry.
Terma A/S is headquartered at Aarhus, Denmark. Internationally, Terma has subsidiaries and operations in The Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates, India, Singapore and the U.S.