Imagine a future where you drive best-practice sustainability reporting and strategic positioning to support our global sustainability leadership
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for defining and delivering our annual sustainability reporting which is core to drive our strategic positioning on sustainability and our performance forward, to support our ambition to be a globally acknowledged sustainability leader. You’ll also drive our annual process to update our sustainability strategy and recommend changes to our portfolio of sustainability programmes to our top management and Board of Directors.
Welcome to Global Sustainability
You’ll be part of Global Sustainability where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for driving sustainability performance forward. We do so by identifying, developing, and executing on our sustainability programme portfolio in close cooperation with internal stakeholders across the business, and by reporting to and engaging with key stakeholders such as investors and sustainability thought leaders on our sustainability performance and reporting.
You’ll play an important role in:
- project managing and delivering our sustainability report as manager of a small team and in cooperation with key internal stakeholders, including our ESG Accounting team and sustainability programme owners
- defining the development actions required to continuously deliver price-winning sustainability reporting that push the bar for corporate sustainability performance and thought leadership
- leading our annual materiality process to update our sustainability strategy and sustainability programmes, ensuring they respond to relevant global sustainability agendas and market-specific needs
- delivering decision materials to our top management and board regarding our sustainability challenges, existing company practices and recommended actions for closing performance gaps.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have management experience, and are highly motivated by the perspective of leading our sustainability reporting to ensure it continues to support our global sustainability leadership position
- are passionate about sustainability reporting and have a proven track-record of delivering reports that effectively positions a company as a sustainability thought leader
- strongly believe in the power of well-considered communication, and are known for delivering clear, convincing, and well-structured products and decision-materials in written English
- have strong project management skills and work in a well-structured manner, enabling you to quickly adapt project plans to changes and align with contributors on expectations throughout the process
- are perseverant, enjoy the process of developing and writing an extensive report, and take pride in delivering a high-quality result together with your team.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 18 May 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Ida Krabek, Head of Global Sustainability, on +4599556175 if you’d like to know more about the position.
For the UK, please contact talentacquisitionUK@orsted.co.uk if you’d like to request any flexibility or reasonable adjustments to perform in this role or for the application and assessment process.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
About the job
Application deadline: 18 May 2021
Country: Denmark, United Kingdom, Sweden
Workplace: Gentofte, London, Malmø
Working hours: Full-time
Employment type: Permanent
Head of Global Sustainability
- 6,000 employees worldwide.
- Headquartered in Denmark and located in 13 countries.
- Ørsted develops, constructs and operates offshore and onshore wind farms, solar farms, energy storage facilities, and bioenergy plants, and provides energy products to its customers.
- Our vision is to create a world that runs entirely on green energy.
An inclusive team
Ørsted wants all employees to have the same opportunities for impact and growth, regardless of age, nationality, disability, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation or beliefs. We’re committed to secure an inclusive work environment characterised by a respect for all people so everyone feels free to openly share their input and ideas.
What we offer