Nexans is seeking Supervisors for Cable installation and Cable Protection
Nexans – Electrifying the Future
Nexans’ submarine power cables are key in the transition to more renewable energy whether connecting islands to the mainland or bringing green energy from the offshore wind farm to the grid. In cooperation with our world-wide customers we push technological boundaries to go deeper, longer, at higher voltages and to provide turn-key solutions for installation and protection to meet future needs.
The marine operations department has the main responsibility for all marine operations related to the installation, transport, and protection of subsea cables in Nexans, both in Norway and worldwide. Nexans is now building a new state of the art cable laying vessel to increase the installation capabilities and we are now looking for one experienced installation supervisor and one protection supervisor to strengthen our operational team.
Responsibilities and tasks
- Take the project role as Offshore Shift Supervisor and / or Offshore operator during cable installation and / or cable protections campaigns
- Lead your shift offshore, and ensure the work is performed according to project procedures and internal routines
- Follow up subcontractors, both technically and contractually (installation, trenching, rock installation, near shore protection)
- Proactively support our tender and engineering department during planning and engineering phase. Work in team with the engineering department and be involved in establishing methods and procedures
- Maintain, repair and develop our marine equipment at our work shop in Fredrikstad
- Proactively contribute to developing the departments QHSE routines and contribute to standardize and make our work processes more effective
- Mechanical / Nautical education (Certificate of apprenticeship, BSc or similar)
- Minimum 5 years experience from marine / offshore operations
- Experience as offshore shift supervisor during cable installations and / or cable protections
- Good technical and communicative leadership skills
- Experience with follow up of subcontractors, offshore and / or onshore, preferably with rock dumping, HDD or near shore works
- Written and verbal English and Norwegian communication skills
- A team worker focused on engaging, inspiring and coaching your colleagues
- Financial and contractual understanding
- Enthusiastic and proactive, and have decision making capability.
- Highly flexible and positive to travelling
- Good computer skills (Word, Excel and sharepoint)
- OLF Basic safety course and health certificate.
Why work with us?
- Professional and personal development opportunities
- Interesting and varied work in an international, dynamic and multidisciplinary environment
- Good pension scheme and insurance agreements
- Company cottages
Nexans Norway is part of the Nexans Group which has an industrial presence in 40 countries and commercial activities worldwide and has nearly 1,600 employees. The head office is located in Oslo and we have manufacturing plants in Rognan, Langhus, and Halden.
Nexans’ Norwegian activity is divided into three business groups: Submarine & Land Systems (SLS), Building & Territories and Telecom (B&T&T), and Telecom and Data (T&D).
About Submarine & Land Systems:
Submarine & Land Systems is a global player in engineering, manufacturing, and installing key submarine cable solutions to customers all over the world. The Business Group has manufacturing plants in Halden, USA, Japan, France, and Belgium
The position will involve considerable travel activities, including weekends and holidays. For more information about the positions, please contact Morten Hoel on +47 908 33 362
At Nexans, we recognize the differences that make each employee valuable and unique. The diversity of experiences, origins, personalities, gender and disability are considered key to our global ambition to lead the world in energy transition towards a sustainable planet. This is why we encourage diversity in our recruitment - Bring yours to Nexans, it is welcome!
Application deadline 23.05.2020