Imagine a future where you'll be at the heart of delivering a range of high-quality financial services, driven by constant improvement.
Join us in this role where you’ll be part of a diverse team and be exposed to the broad operations of a centralised finance function. We provide you with a fantastic platform to exhibit your skills, centred around attention-to-detail as well as 'seeing the bigger picture'. We also offer a taste of what it means to be an Accountant / Controller in a global organisation.
Welcome to Financial Accounting and Controlling
You’ll be part of GL Accounting where you, together with your colleagues, will influence decisions and handle a wide range of tasks in Accounting as well as across the broader service delivery teams of Reporting and Controlling, utilising your knowledge and expertise. You’ll become part of an agile team of roughly 10 people based across four countries. The Accounting team is responsible for ensuring that accounting journals are processed on time, bookkeeping, supporting a variety of reconciliations, asset accounting, and preparing external reporting.
You’ll play an important role in:
- offering close support to a team of controllers and accountants and mindful of tight deadlines, especially around month end close
- contributing to continuous improvements of month close processes and other key processes within Accounting
- taking responsibility for accurately performing reconciliations on time during the month close process, for instance, power accruals and intercompany reconciliations
- taking responsibility for preparing and submitting requests from Office of National Statistics / National Bank as well as coordinating follow up internally
- supporting with process descriptions and standard operating procedures (SOPs) and update / maintain excel models.
To succeed in the role, you:
- are currently studying business administration, finance, or similar, and have at least two years left before graduating
- are an experienced and proficient user of Excel and PowerPoint
- have a proactive, quality focused and systematic approach to your work tasks
- can handle several tasks simultaneously and thrive in a changeable environment
- speak and write English fluently since you will be working in an international environment.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 02 May 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Ben McVeagh-Holness, Manager, on +447584521987 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
About the job
Application deadline: 02 May 2021
Working hours: 20 hours
Employment type: Student assistant
- 6,000 employees worldwide.
- Headquartered in Denmark and located in 13 countries.
- Ørsted develops, constructs and operates offshore and onshore wind farms, solar farms, energy storage facilities, and bioenergy plants, and provides energy products to its customers.
- Our vision is to create a world that runs entirely on green energy.
An inclusive team
Ørsted wants all employees to have the same opportunities for impact and growth, regardless of age, nationality, disability, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation or beliefs. We’re committed to secure an inclusive work environment characterised by a respect for all people so everyone feels free to openly share their input and ideas.
What we offer
- Pension scheme, health insurance and five weeks of holiday entitled by the Danish Holiday Act. In addition to the five weeks of holiday, you’ll also receive a total of 10 paid days off for holiday purposes and fixed holidays per holiday year. For new employees, the allocation of paid holidays is made on a pro rata basis, depending on the date of employment.