Imagine a future where state of the art numerical models and tools are driving the creation of integrated energy systems and enabling a green transformation
Join us in this role where you’ll help our team with the design and implementation of mathematical models and software systems used by domain experts and engineers across the organisation to design the next generation logistics, layout, and power-to-X solutions. While you’ll be asked to handle practicalities, you’ll also be doing a great deal of software development and modelling.
Welcome to Numerical Competence Centre
You’ll be part of a highly specialised and dynamic team of +20 software-oriented mathematicians, physicists, and engineers where you, together with your colleagues, will lead the delivery of state-of-the-art mathematical models to push the current limits of the processes and models used for driving the transformation into a renewable energy landscape. Our main responsibility is to ensure robust and reliable tools through good software development practices, such as version control and systematic testing, and expert knowledge within a large range of mathematical disciplines.
You’ll play an important role in:
- supporting the development and maintenance of in-house modelling software to enable our mission
- facilitating collaborations with academia and research institutions
- assisting our management team with organising events and handling daily practicalities.
To succeed in the role, you:
- are an ambitious and highly performing student with at least year and a half remining in your master studies in natural sciences e.g., math, physics, engineering, computer science or similar
- have a keen interest in software development and writing efficient and maintainable code
- are experienced in several compiled and interpreted languages. We primarily use Python and .NET for development of desktop and web applications
- are pro-active and a quick learner with a flexible mindset capable of undertaking tasks of different natures.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 16 December 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Matej Simurda, Team Lead, on +4599552381 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
About the job
16 December 2021, 23:59 CEST
Workplace: Gentofte, Skærbæk
Working hours: 20
Employment type: Student assistant
- 6,000 employees worldwide.
- Headquartered in Denmark and located in 13 countries.
- Ørsted develops, constructs and operates offshore and onshore wind farms, solar farms, energy storage facilities, and bioenergy plants, and provides energy products to its customers.
- Our vision is to create a world that runs entirely on green energy.
An equal opportunity employer
Ørsted wants all employees to have the same opportunities for impact and growth, regardless of age, nationality, disability, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation or beliefs. We’re committed to secure an inclusive work environment characterised by a respect for all people so everyone feels free to openly share their input and ideas.
We welcome applications from veteran candidates who have engaged in military service of a similar level of experience and responsibility.
What we offer
- Pension scheme, health insurance and five weeks of holiday entitled by the Danish Holiday Act. In addition to the five weeks of holiday, you’ll also receive a total of 10 paid days off for holiday purposes and fixed holidays per holiday year. For new employees, the allocation of paid holidays is made on a pro rata basis, depending on the date of employment.