Local Unit & Position Description: We are looking for junior engineers or engineering graduates to join our Offshore Structures team as a Structural Engineer. As a member of the section, you will be working alongside 38 other structural engineers. The section is part of business area Energy Systems, region Northern Europe. We are mostly based at our headquarters at HÃ¸vik outside Oslo, as well as in our offices in Stavanger and Trondheim â and we will be happy to find a place for you in any of those offices.
The unit is highly competent within structural assessments and analyses of steel structures, e.g. offshore wind installations, offshore fish farms, floating bridges, and oil & gas platforms. The engineers in the section cooperate closely with other units in DNV forming multidisciplinary project teams. Our projects are related to both new builds and units in service. This has resulted in a stable workload and challenging tasks for many years.
The position offers great opportunities to apply and develop personal and technical skills in various areas dependent on qualifications and interests. Your daily tasks in this role will include:
Execution of structural and hydrodynamic analyses of offshore structures, e.g. global and local (linear) analyses
- Advanced analyses such as frequency/time domain analyses and non-linear analyses for structures exposed to extreme loads, e.g. boat impact, fire, explosion, dropped object and extreme wave loads (slamming)
- Capacity evaluations of offshore steel structures for ultimate, fatigue and accidental limit state conditions
- Structural reassessment and life extension of offshore units due to ageing or changes in the design premises
- Programming to ensure effective work processes
The work will be performed in close collaboration with colleagues in DNV and through guidance from our specialists.
- A relevant degree in structural engineering, naval architecture, civil engineering or similar qualification
- Previous professional experience in a similar position would be an advantage, but fresh graduates are more than welcome to apply as well
- Knowledge of offshore structures (general knowledge), capacity of steel structures (ultimate strength and fatigue), Finite Element (FE) methods, FE analyses and environmental loading (wind loads and hydrodynamics)
- Some knowledge within relevant standards, e.g. DNV standards, Eurocode and NORSOK (N-series)
- IT competence including skills in programming, scripting etc.
You should have the following personal qualifications:
- Team player with a positive and proactive attitude.
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Fluent command of Norwegian and English in writing and in speech
- Goal and solution-oriented
- Eager to learn and develop yourself
- Strong company culture with emphasis on competence development
- Great colleagues who value teamwork and support
- International working environment
- Attractive salary and benefits package
- 30 days annual vacation
- Flexible working hours and focus on work/life balance
For more information, please contact Per Arne Kanter, Head of Section, + 47 908 44 828.
Company & Business Area Description: DNV is the independent expert in risk management and assurance, with almost 12,000 employees operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We provide assurance to the entire energy value chain through our advisory, monitoring, verification, and certification services. As the world's leading resource of independent energy experts and technical advisors, we help industries and governments to navigate the many complex, interrelated transitions taking place globally and regionally, in the energy industry. We are committed to realizing the goals of the Paris Agreement, and support all stakeholders to transition faster to a deeply decarbonized energy system.
Equal Opportunity Statement: DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!
Location: Veritasveien 1, HÃ¸vik
Job Type: Full-time