MacGregor shapes the offshore and marine industries by offering world-leading engineering solutions and services with a strong portfolio of MacGregor, Hatlapa, Porsgrunn, Pusnes and Triplex brands. Shipbuilders, owners and operators are able to optimise the lifetime profitability, safety, reliability and environmental sustainability of their operations by working in close cooperation with us.
Shape your journey onboard and offshore with us
In this role you will be responsible for ensuring a competitive and sustainable supply chain which can support business needs as well as key elements (cost, lead time, terms, contract,sustainability). Sourcing managers are driving cost drive activities involving different stakeholders from several functions.Sourcing manager in MacGregor Sourcing is also assigned with cross product lines or business areas suppliers to manage the suppliers as whole and utilise the combined spend from all business to leverage best interest for MacGregor. Other than that, sourcing managers are responsible for risk management for assigned suppliers as well. Risk assessment and supplier onboarding needs to be carried out according to MacGregor process.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Search for, identify, develop and maintain the supplier base according to sourcing strategies
- In cooperation with R&D, Quality and other functions identify and evaluate supplier base
- Continuously monitor market developments to initiate corrective actions when needed
- Act as Supplier Relationship Manager (SRM) with assigned suppliers
- Support and regularly follow up the Design to Cost (DtC) actions as well as preferred suppliers involvement
- Drive cost down activities together with relevant stakeholders
- Secure that supplier data such as delivery conditions, prices and lead times are updated in SAP
- Report and reach KPIs and other given targets for QDCI in the categories.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Commercial or Technical background, B.Sc. or equivalent experience.
- > 5 years in International sourcing and Supply Management in global environment, preferably in relevant categories
- Experience in working with global and cross-cultural teams
- Experience with category strategy implementation.
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written
- Strong negotiation and relationship building skills
- Strong presentation and writing skills with ability to communicate clearly and express self well in groups and in one-to-one conversations
- Good technical understanding, background or knowledge in electrical is preferred.
- Solution oriented with Interdisciplinary understanding of business processes /value drivers
- Good negotiation (Supplier) and influencing (Internal/external) skills
- Able to adapt to new techniques and keen to increase knowledge
- Knowledge in the field of SAP, Purchasing, Logistic and International Transportation
- Knowledge of Cargotec products and supplier base preferred
- Ability to manage multiple projects and relationships while remaining focused on the key deliverables.
You will be part of:
Interested to join?
MacGregor is part of Cargotec
MacGregor shapes the offshore and marine industries by offering world-leading engineering solutions and services with a strong portfolio of MacGregor, Hatlapa, Porsgrunn, Pusnes and Triplex brands. Shipbuilders, owners and operators are able to optimise the lifetime profitability, safety, reliability and environmental sustainability of their operations by working in close cooperation with MacGregor.MacGregor solutions and services for handling marine cargoes, vessel operations, offshore loads,crude/LNG transfer and offshore mooring are all designed to perform with the sea. www.macgregor.com
MacGregor is part of Cargotec. Cargotec's (Nasdaq Helsinki: CGCBV) sales in 2021 totalled approximately EUR 3.3 billion and it employs around 11,000 people. www.cargotec.com