An exciting opportunity has arisen as Software Engineer in the department for Underwater Acoustics R&D in Kongsberg Maritime. In this role, you will be a part of the top-side mapping team delivering quality software used by a multitude of customers worldwide. With us you will join a technology powerhouse with highly competent colleagues where you can continuously learn, grow and expand your knowledge.
As Software Engineer you will be responsible for developing, maintaining the software, and bring the software frontend from its current Windows platform into a new web platform. Your team develops the user interface for our mapping software, including logging of data and system setup.
- Development of existing top-side for mapping software
- Port software from existing windows platform to a web platform using Angular
- Specification, design, development, test and documentation of software
Qualifications and experience
- C++ or other high-performance development languages
- Python or C#
- Angular, or other relevant web technology background
- Experience with development of user interface and UX
- Realtime systems and multithreaded applications
- Network programming (UDP/TCP)
You are able to
- adhere to company rules and procedures and execute plans with commitment and determination
- use a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead, define clear priorities and allocate resources effectively
- create a stable and re-assuring work atmosphere and support and encourage the team.
- analyse complex issues and problems and come up with rational judgments
- demonstrate specialist knowledge and expertise in own area
- co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information and support others in the pursuit of team goals
What we can offer you
With us, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefit packages with good development opportunities in an international environment. We have flexible work hours and holiday arrangements in addition to a good pension and insurance scheme. We offer an inspiring and safe work-environment and the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future.
Point of contact
Tor Einar Gauslaa, Group Manager Software Development, +47 41209252
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including: merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is part of KONGSBERG, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defence and aerospace
Our Sensors and Robotics division develops and delivers world class connected sensors and smart robotics for Marine, Research and Naval applications. The division has the responsibility for KM's leading offering of Underwater Mapping systems, Underwater Positioning, Marine Robotics, Fishery and Naval Sensors, Precision Positioning and Sensing Solutions.
At Kongsberg, we believe in tackling challenging problems and delivering extreme performance for extreme conditions. We do that through excellent products and services developed for delivering the greatest benefits to our customers.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication