Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
OceanSMART is building a future with complete real-time visibility of vessels, cargoes, and maritime assets, with total transparency to emissions, risk, hidden cost, inefficiency, and waste.
We are excited to be adding a full product and development team based in Stavanger to the existing US and UK based teams to support our efforts to reduce waste.
If you would like to join the team and make a positive and meaningful impact on the global fight to reduce waste, please review the following opportunities to join us.
Participate in the design and development of OceanSMART web applications, back-end APIs, data persistence layers, and sophisticated data pipelines responsible for the ingestion and delivery of billions of records.
- Deliver the OceanSMART Roadmap
- Lead, develop, and maintain cutting edge web applications.
- Contribute to various levels of the stack, including the front-end, middle tier, ingestion/persistence of large amounts of data, and efficient retrieval from the database.
- Lead individual projects and potentially small teams.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and other team members to derive appropriate solutions.
- Solve complex problems.
- Develop and maintain Unit and/or Functional Tests.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience
- Minimum 8 years of software development experience
- Minimum 5 years of web development experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with Relational and/or NoSQL database
- Knowledge of the maritime industry a big plus
- Experience with React a big plus
- Experience with GraphQL (particularly the Apollo stack)
- Experience with Node/NPM
- Experience with MongoDB/Mongoose
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines (e.g. Jenkins)
- Experience with Relational databases such as SQL Server and Postgres
- Experience with Azure and/or AWS
- Experience with Git/GitHub
- Experience with Material Design and Material UI
- Experience with map utilities (MapBox, OpenLayers, Leaflet, Google)
- Experience with JS linters (e.g. ESLint)
- Passionate about UI/UX
- Expertise with responsive design
- Experience working within Scrum methodology
- Experience with development lifecycle tools & processes, build systems, branching & merging, and automated testing
- Interest in other frameworks/platforms/runtimes
- Desire/drive to lead new projects
- Strong analytical skills – be a problem solver and be able to develop complex algorithms
- Strong familiarity of design patterns
- Strong written and oral communications skills (English)
- Be a team player. Have opinions and listen to others.
- Passionate about software development! Willing to learn and to help others.
- Functional with technologies across most of the application stack including user interface, middle tier, and database systems.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Approaches a complex task or problem by breaking it down into its component parts and considering each part in detail
- Ability to establish and maintain project priorities.
- Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans
- Keeps manager informed about progress and problems
- Ability to develop and apply creative and innovative solutions to problems.
- Sees the merits of perspectives other than their own
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Builds on strengths and addresses weaknesses
- Pursues self-development on a continual basis
- Ability to effectively represent the department on multi organizational teams as leader, member or facilitator.
- Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has no official supervisory responsibilities.
- This position may be called upon to lead small technical teams and serve as a lead systems architect for individual projects.
- This position will report to Manager, Software Development.
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the workplace
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT work.
Lift up to 20 pounds
Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Repetitive movements of arms and hands including keyboard typing
- Sit with back supported