Cargotec is at the forefront of the transformation in the cargo handling industry. Our cargo handling solutions and services make global trade smarter, better and more sustainable. As leaders in ports, on roads and at sea, our business areas Kalmar, Hiab and MacGregor have a unique position to optimise global cargo flows and create sustainable customer value.
Join the forerunner in sustainable cargo handling
“I enjoy coming to work because we get to collaborate with amazing and talented colleagues. Our team is international, professional and self-guided. We are working with smart people which we can rely on.”
- Scrum Master Marko at Cargotec Digital Solutions Hub -
Cargotec Digital Solutions Hub creates data-driven software and services for intelligent cargo handling for all of the three Cargotec businesses: Kalmar, Hiab and MacGregor. By using cutting-edge cloud technologies and industry best practices, we are responsible for driving digital transformation and accelerating the development of software solutions across Cargotec.
Sustainability is at the core of everything we do and we strive to make global trade smarter and eco-friendly while securing the growth of new digital business for Cargotec and its customers. Cargotec is the global market leader in cargo handling solutions so your actions will have a great impact on the industry.
Our recent projects at DiSH include for example McGregror OnWatch Scout condition monitoring solution transforming the predictive maintenance of maritime equipment (https://www.macgregor.com/intelligent-solutions/onwatch-scout/) and Kalmar Insight performance management tool for cargo handling operations that turns data into actionable, impactful insights (https://www.kalmarglobal.com/equipment-services/kalmar-insight/).
We are now looking for an experienced hands-on Software Architect to join us in Tampere.
You will be a senior member of our team implementing digital software products for our customers on top of our AWS based IoT platform. You appreciate working in a cross-functional setup and engaging with various internal and external stakeholders, ranging from developers and data scientists to designers and business owners.
As a software engineering generalist, you thrive in solving complex, real-world engineering problems. You master different phases of software development, from capturing architecturally significant requirements to designing elegant software architecture, and finally implementing and deploying the solution. You drive your team to deliver on its goals, continuously helping improve its ways of working and coaching your team members.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Several years of professional experience in developing large-scale cloud and Web based software systems
- Proven track record of crafting elegant and fit-for-purpose system and software architectures
- Good working knowledge of technologies like containers, serverless computing, DevOps, data streaming, microservices, databases, and REST APIs
- Exposure to cloud technologies; experience with AWS services considered as an advantage (ECS, RDS, Lambda, Glue, Kinesis, S3, DynamoDB, Athena, IAM, AWS IoT Core, AWS Greengrass, and CloudFormation)
- Understanding of automation and infrastructure management tools like Ansible, CloudFormation, Terraform, Jenkins, and similar
- Experience with tools, frameworks, and technologies related to designing, implementing, deploying, and hosting scalable and fault tolerant software services
- Natural drive for continuous learning and interacting with the development community
- Proficiency with agile and lean software development methods
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good communication skills allowing collaboration with stakeholders from various backgrounds
- M.Sc (Eng.) or higher in Software Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
What can we offer for you?
- We could be your ideal employer, if you value working on your own software products with long-term ownership of the solutions. We do state-of-the-art work at DiSH with modern technologies and for example with AWS we are the top of the class in the world.
- We have the culture and the opportunities supporting continuous growth and learning of our professionals within our Tampere-based team and we provide them with highly interesting and meaningful software projects to work on.
- There is a high level of autonomy and freedom to e.g. drive development initiatives most inspiring to you. We appreciate work life balance and provide flexible working hours.
- Cargotec is a global company and working environment - around 11,500 people in 45 countries and operations in more than 100 countries.
- Last but definitely not least we are a strong and stable, publicly listed employer with market-leading cargo brands to work for - and to have a huge impact on transforming the cargo industry and making the world more sustainable.
Interested to join?
Please submit your CV or LinkedIn profile by 7th of November 2021.
The applications will be continuously reviewed until the position is filled.
Our recruitment process in a nutshell:
There are four phases: brief call, 1st interview, technical assignment, and 2nd interview. First two phases focus on getting to know each other, letting you know what we do here at DiSH and how you would fit into our team. The two latter phases focus more on the technical know-how and requirements.
For information on the recruitment process and working at Cargotec, please contact Liisa Raulas at firstname.lastname@example.org
In more technical questions about the role and Cargotec as an employer, please turn to Chief Software Engineer Petri Selonen by email: email@example.com
Cargotec and its businesses
Cargotec (Nasdaq Helsinki: CGCBV) enables smarter cargo flow for a better everyday with its leading cargo handling solutions and services. Cargotec's business areas Kalmar, Hiab and MacGregor are pioneers in their fields. Through their unique position in ports, at sea and on roads, they optimise global cargo flows and create sustainable customer value. Cargotec has signed United Nations Global Compact’s Business Ambition for 1.5°C. The company’s sales in 2020 totalled approximately EUR 3.3 billion and it employs around 11,500 people.