Vacancy Title: Service Technician
Vacancy Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Engagement Type: Permanent, Full Time
Survitec are the world’s largest survival technology provider. For over 166 years, we have been protecting lives in the air, on land and at sea, through the design, manufacture, and servicing of Survival Technology.
Today, we are a global community of 3,000 professionals with presence in 96 countries partnering with our customers to provide innovative solutions that reduce risk and help keep you safe.
That's why the world's leading maritime, defence & government, energy and aerospace organisations trust us when it matters most and why we have been awarded the Silver Award by the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme
Your New Role
Are you a passionate Technician with an electrical background? Are you dedicated to maintaining and servicing equipment to deliver the highest level of product safety and operational efficiency?
Are you fluent in English and Scandinavian? Survitec now has the perfect role for you!
As our new Service Technician at our Gothenburg, Sweden workshop you will have the opportunity to travel globally working on our Marine machinery providing maintenance and repairs.
What You Can Expect from the Role
Key Responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Deliver servicing installation, maintenance and repair activity to quality and safety standards and according to standard work routines, focusing on delivering key performance metrics
- Actively seek opportunity to drive controlled continuous improvement, identifying and communication process improvement opportunities, so they can be considered for implementation across the whole service footprint
- Liaising with customers and stakeholders both internal and external in workshop and offshore.
- Help specialists set up and test new products or processes; installs complex systems according to training and competence level, seeking guidance and support where needed
- Carry out preventive maintenance inspections, identifying and diagnosing any requirement for equipment and systems emergency repairs
- Develop knowledge and understanding of Survitec policies and procedures and of relevant regulatory codes and codes of conduct to ensure own work adheres to those standards.
- Work with Service Operations Manager to devise own monthly schedule, ensuring appropriate operational manpower
You will have the opportunity to develop in your role and feel proud of the work you do. Working at Survitec is fast paced, challenging and incredibly rewarding. This is not just another job; this is your career.
The Experience, Qualifications and Skills You Will Have
- Full European Drivers Licence
- Fluent in English and Scandinavian
- Technical or Electrical experience
- Flexibility to globally travel when required
- Excellent verbal and written Communication skills
- Marine Technician experience
- Ability to operate a Forklift
How to Apply
Click Apply Now above
If you would like more information regarding this role before applying, please feel free to reach out to us via Linked In or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
The safety of our colleagues and candidates is our top priority so for now, all interviews will be taking place via video call with our hiring managers.
Survitec is an equal opportunities employer. Our diverse global workforce protects lives, every single day. We are committed to cultivating an inclusive culture where our people feel valued appreciated, and free to be who they are at work. Because, to provide service and excellence to our customers we must mirror their diversity. But more importantly because it is the right thing to do.