Ross Offshore AS is a leading provider of Consultancy, Engineering and Project Management services for the upstream Oil & Gas Industry. Through our established framework agreements we offer our consultants contract security and access to some of the largest oil companies in Norway. We specialize in the supply of senior-level personnel with proven experience, the latest technical skills and in-depth knowledge within their fields. We hire the best talent in the industry.
For one of our clients we are seeking a Senior Wellhead Specialist
Application date: 13.09.2021
Start date: ASAP
End date: 31.12.2022
- Senior Wellhead specialist will report directly to the D&C Operations Manager supporting several projects.
- Provide technical support to exploration, drilling, workover and completion operations activities relating to the design, construction and operational execution and reporting of Wellhead, Xmas tree and High Pressure Riser systems to all subsea and platform drilled wells
- Manage all contracts related to these services and equipment suppliers
- Ensuring the clients HSE Management system requirements are satisfied both during the planning and execution process
- Aligning with the SECE on coordinating plans
- Ensure design, specification and installation of well equipment meets the integrity of the well throughout its life cycle
- Be updated on developments in technologies, regulatory and industry standards
- Ensure well equipment is maintained according to industry and the clients regulatory requirements throughout its life cycle
- Review operational performance data on a regular basis to ensure that performance targets are being met
- Continuous monitoring of ongoing operations, identification and investigation of problems and areas of poor performance, calculation of cost impact and recommendation of remedial measures (continuous improvement)
- Investigation and follow up of equipment failures or performance deficiencies, ensuring lessons learned are recorded, distributed as appropriate
- Assisting in preparation of well operations activity programmes, ensuring lessons learned are used during the planning
- Preparation of the activity wash-up meeting and relevant parts of the end of job report
- Ensuring that all materials are fit for purpose and available in a timely manner
- Plan and schedule the supply of equipment and services for each well operation
- Recommend solutions to problems and concerns related to operation drilling as well as production
- Ensure well equipment warehouses have correct level and equipment to support all well activity
- Proposing cost effective solutions to operational deficiencies / failures
- Provide technical assessment of, and recommendations for, the procurement of relevant equipment and services
- Identify, monitor and assess novel technologies, scientific research and changes to operating practices that may benefit the cliens operations
- Participate in relevant technical industry committees within drilling and production systems
- Challenge existing designs and operational processes in order to apply best technologies and practices, and minimise operating costs.
Degree BSc or MSc
- Good knowledge and understanding of NORSOK D-010
- Excellent written and oral command of the English language is essential.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant industry experience
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Teams).