Location: Sävedalen, SE, 433 63
Company: Lloyds Register
Location:Gothenburg : Göteborgsvägen 74
Position Type:Employee Regular
We are a leading international provider of classification, compliance & consultancy services to the marine & offshore industry, helping our customers design, construct & operate their assets to the highest levels of safety & performance. We are shaping the industry’s future through the development of novel & innovative technology for the next generation of assets, while continuing to deliver solutions for our customers every day.
We are currently looking for a Surveyor in Charge who will be responsible for the operational delivery of our services in Sweden.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the successful individual will provide day to day management of a team to deliver an effective technical and commercial service through a department/office and to assess complex problems for external and internal clients to determine a range of alternative solutions.
As a Surveyor you will carry out surveys and certification of materials, equipment and components. In addition, surveys on existing ships will be part of your role. You are responsible to ensure that these surveys are carried out and reported in accordance with applicable Rules and Regulations and other Codes, Standards or Conventions as well as Lloyd’s Register’s procedures.
As part of a dynamic team, you will be able to develop your experience and knowledge as well as contribute to the development of the team. Training as necessary will be provided. You are expected to keep up to date with developments in the marine industry, using both internal and external sources.
- To conduct and manage relevant activities, providing advice and alternative solutions for service delivery within areas of experience and adhering to budget constraints and contractual requirements within defined Marine KPI’s.
- To ensure all deliverables produced by the office meet internal and external requirements; to budget, time and quality, taking the responsibility to review and monitor work activity.
- To pursue Continuous Professional Development and maintain a high degree of discipline, knowledge and awareness.;
- To mentor and coach employees, as appropriate, to ensure effective knowledge transfer and application.
- To support in surveyor recruitment for your area of responsibility, participating in appropriate technical interviews.
- Lead surveys on specific high risk activities within their discipline, experience and knowledge
- To lead, manage and develop a team of Lead, Senior Surveyors and Surveyors to maintain an effective and competitive service. This includes recruitment, performance management, training/development and work allocation.
This position is preferably based in Gothenburg office and have 6-7 direct reports.
You will need:
The ideal candidate will have a degree or equivalent in a Maritime related subject, managerial experience and have a proven track-record as a Surveyor in a Technical role within a Classification Society.
The successful individual will have strong cooperation and communication skills, a proactive solution-oriented approach and good understanding of the Company’s products, services and clients’ needs.
General skills in Swedish language would be an advantage.
Diversity and Inclusion at Lloyd's Register:
Together we are one Lloyd’s Register, committed to developing an inclusive and safe workplace that embraces and celebrates diversity. We strive to ensure that all applicants to LR experience equality of opportunity and fair treatment, because we believe it is the right thing to do. We hope you do too.
The Lloyd's Register Group comprises charities and non-charitable companies, with the latter supporting the charities in their main goal of enhancing the safety of life and property, at sea, on land and in the air - for the benefit of the public and the environment. (Group entities)
Job Segment: Surveyor, Engineering