The world's toughest job awaits. At Aker Solutions we are committed to helping the energy industry and broader society #PowerTheChange towards a low-carbon future. We are changemakers and problem solvers with more than 180 years of experience.Our ambitions are high. By 2030, renewables and low-carbon solutions for oil and gas will make up 2/3 of our business. Do you want to be a part of driving the transition?
Our Subsea System Solutions team are world-leading experts in advanced subsea systems. We engineered and built the ground-breaking Åsgard subsea compression system, qualified the world’s most powerful subsea multiphase pump, and are working on the advanced process systems of the future. Our low-carbon subsea solutions are in high demand, and we need to strengthen our talented team with more experts.
We are now looking for a dedicated Senior Subsea Process Engineer. You will have the opportunity to work in a professional and committed environment and collaborate with experienced and highly qualified colleagues who promote development and knowledge sharing. We have the products, engineering experience, creativity and execution capabilities to make a real difference. If this sounds interesting, please apply today!
What will you be doing?
- You will be working with advanced subsea process systems, including compression, boosting/pumping and separation systems
- You will be responsible for process system design in execution projects and studies, taking responsibility for independently completing a wide set of activities
- Typical tasks include both detailed and conceptual engineering of systems and components, performing process simulations, preparing P&IDs, writing technical reports, running workshops and presenting your work to a larger audience
- You will be encouraged to be hands-on and given the opportunity to follow projects through all phases such as studies, engineering, construction, testing and commissioning
- Work according to our Project Execution Model, following internal procedures, guidelines and work instructions, but adjust and optimize the work process according to project needs
- This role requires multi-discipline thinking, covering a wide range of technical areas and systems
- Our team frequently supports other parts of the Aker Solutions business, including topsides and land-based energy and renewables projects
We think you should have:
- Master or bachelor’s degree in chemistry, mechanical or petroleum engineering, or equivalent
- Minimum 3+ years of relevant energy industry work experience with subsea, offshore and/or land-based process systems
- A strong team-work ethic with the ability to cooperate with diverse & international colleagues
- Experience with pumping and compression systems together with the understanding of the process control system is preferred
- Experience from EPC and Completion together with operational experience from commissioning and other hands-on activities are highly valued
- Proficiency in standard office software and one or more process simulation tools (typically HYSYS, UniSim, etc.). Ability to work closely with simulation disciplines such as CFD and Dynamic Simulations
- Good knowledge of process engineering best practices and relevant industry standards
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- More senior engineers should have the potential to lead a team in a project
More reasons to work with us:
- Professional development and career opportunities. As an employee in Aker Solutions, you have many career opportunities. We ensure that our employees get the chance to work across disciplines, build expertise and develop their own potential. This contributes to a vibrant and engaged working environment at all our locations
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Healthy work-life balance. We offer flexible working hours. In a hectic everyday life, it is good to have an employer who provides you with the flexibility you need through different phases of life
- Be part of the transition to a sustainable future for energy production
- Trade union agreement and private health insurance
- Office in central Gothenburg
Interested? Contact us.
Maja Haug, Recruiter, NES Advantage Solutions: Maja.Haug@nesfircroft.com Please attach your CV, cover letter and transcript of records when applying online. Applications will be evaluated continuously and we therefore encourage you to apply as early as possible.
NES Advantage Solutions is Aker Solutions’ global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing service.
Diversity and Inclusion
Aker Solutions is empowered by its diverse workforce. We ensure a good working environment where equal opportunity, diversity and inclusion are considered vital to our success. We believe diversity creates value, attracts talent, and makes life more interesting. We therefore encourage and welcome applications from diverse backgrounds related to race, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, gender, ethnicity, disability, age, and more.
This is Aker Solutions
Aker Solutions delivers integrated solutions, products and services to the global energy industry. We enable low-carbon oil and gas production and develop renewable solutions to meet future energy needs. By combining innovative digital solutions and predictable project execution we accelerate the transition to sustainable energy production. Aker Solutions employs approximately 15,000 people in more than 20 countries.