08. May 2021
- Contributes to meet HSE performance, process safety and integrity management business objectives for operated assets.
- Acts as technical focal point for Subsea Control systems and subsea metering on operated assets and provides technical expertise on subsea control systems.
- Support Senior Operations Readiness Engineer with expertise in subsea controls.
- Manages projects to upgrade or maintain subsea control systems including topsides installed elements; this will involve managing across organisation boundaries including into host organisations, specialists’ suppliers and company’s Functions.
- Collaborates directly with host organisations in relation to work programmes; planning, execution and close-out.
- Contributes to barrier management, manages specific barriers as described in the barrier management strategy and scheme and reports status appropriately; contributes to team analysis of cumulative barrier status.
- The Subsea Controls Engineer has the working responsibility of software and hardware related to power, communication, hydraulics, chemicals and associated disciplines within subsea production control system, work-over control system and metering systems. Report status
- Seek, capture and share best practice/learnings
- People management: N/A
- High HSE awareness and compliance
- A strong team player able to work collaboratively and share tasks and responsibilities
- Deep technical understanding of subsea controls systems.
- Practical understanding of operational practices for subsea systems into host platforms.
- Skills in fault finding, root cause analysis, improvement definition and improvement programme follow up
- Management of subsea / offshore work programmes.
- In depth knowledge of industry standards and authority requirements within the discipline
- Have the ability to utilise and understand controls software and hardware of design, installation and operating issues. Particularly with respect to design integrity, availability and technical safety
- Ability to work in both English and Norwegian
Technical and personal skills
- Bachelors (minimum) in relevant engineering discipline.
- Recognised professional engineer status.
- Preferably 10+ years broad experience from petroleum industry operations and development and subsea control system design, construction and operations
- Offshore safety certification (must be certified to work offshore)