Are you ready to work in a very innovative environment? Do you have a technical understanding and experience in mechanical engineering or similar? Then we’ve got the opportunity for you!
Nacelle Module in Vestas Power Solutions is responsible for developing the complete Vestas nacelle program both onshore and offshore. The team consist of skilled design engineers, highly skilled FEA designers, project managers, technical module leads, yaw engineers, cover engineers and cooling & conditioning designers. Besides design of nacelle structure and nacelle enclosure, the nacelle module is responsible for all component integration within the nacelles with focus on HSE and optimization towards the full value chain.
Nacelle Technical Management is a cross functional sub-department of Nacelle Module. The department is accountable for final approval of module requirements, design solutions, technical quality, risks, and solutions that are developed in the Nacelle sub-modules. The team will drive feasibility studies and the initial scoping of Nacelle projects as well as ensuring cross-functional and full value chain alignment.
The Nacelle module team is in three hubs at Aarhus in Denmark, Porto in Portugal and in Chennai, India. The technical management team consists of 4 highly skilled specialists and works across the three hubs with people in different geographical locations.
You will be directly reporting to the Nacelle Module Design Owner with main responsibility of Transport, Construction and Maintenance (TCM) for the Nacelle Module, with the following activities:
- You are responsible for setting the TCM strategy for all Vestas Nacelles and responsible for influencing the Nacelle design in a way that reduces the overall LCOE with dedicated focus on TCM
- Support to functional leads and project managers on TCM related activities/issues during product development projects, CIM projects and technology projects etc.
- Coaching of junior staff and increase technical leadership competences within the team via technical 1-to-1 sessions within TCM area.
- Feasibility studies for new product and technology projects within TCM area.
- Developing Nacelle Technology Roadmap and further execution of approved projects with the aim to reduce the Levelized Cost of Energy (LCoE)
- Support our transport, construction, service and manufacturing organization worldwide
- Review and approval of designs and calculations performed by the TCM team
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Structural or Mechanical Engineering.
- You have industry experience (5 years) in the design (R&D) of complex diligently loaded steel structures.
- Specific work experience within the wind industry is beneficial but not required.
You have a proven history within new product development of large steel structures with fundamental knowledge of:
- The calculation of welded steel (analytic and FEA)
- Mechanical interfaces
- Material engineering, i.e. steel and composite
- Relevant international standards and requirements
- Test & verification of structural steel components
- Design for manufacturing and assembly
- System engineering
- Technical Lead on R&D projects
- Experienced with D-FMEA and P-FMEA processes
Through your experience in various industries, you have combined your technical expertise with a good business mindset, which allows you to consider commercial implications in your technical decision-making.
You motivate yourself through the results that you accomplish and address your tasks effectively with a high degree of personal responsibility.
Your organizational and communicative skills allow you to achieve your results together with an international and multi-disciplinary design team inside Vestas.
You have a go do approach to obstacles in project execution
Your balanced personality and self-confidence in your skills enables you to supervise multiple tasks in parallel and keep a clear sight of the targets even when stakes are high.
What we offer
The right candidate will find an exciting and complex job, right at the forefront of developing technologies, which continuously improve the competitiveness of renewable energy. Naturally, joining the global leader within wind energy makes you part of inspiring journey, and our international footprint and global supply- and manufacturing setup provides a multi-cultural work environment.
The position we offer will provide you with good opportunities to develop your professional skills, advance you competencies, and develop your personality and leadership profile.
Your work location will be in Aarhus, DK. Some travel activities are accepted and will be around 30 days/year.
Applications are handled on an ongoing basis. Please apply online with your letter of motivation and CV as soon as possible – and no later than 08th May 2021.
If you have specific questions about the position, please contact Jesper Lykkegaard Neubauer (Module Design Owner) via phone +45 97307183
All inquiries are treated confidentially.
Vestas is proud to be the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Vestas strives to be the most inclusive workplace in the sustainable energy industry and ensure equal opportunities for everyone regardless of the social identity. We are stronger as a company not despite our differences, but because of them, both professionally and personally. Beyond a diverse workforce, we want to ensure that all of our employees are included and actively contributing to Vestas’ success and innovation. Only then can we become the global leader in sustainable energy solutions and ensure sustainability in everything we do.
At Vestas, we offer global opportunities for people with growth mindsets and the desire to make a shared and positive impact. We work in the true spirit of our corporate values: accountability, simplicity, collaboration, and passion. We expect everyone to live up to these in their day to day work – no matter what you do and where you are in the organisation.
Learn more about Vestas at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels