Cargotec is at the forefront of the transformation in the cargo handling industry. Our cargo handling solutions and services make global trade smarter, better and more sustainable. As leaders in ports, on roads and at sea, our business areas Kalmar, Hiab and MacGregor have a unique position to optimise global cargo flows and create sustainable customer value.
Join the forerunner in sustainable cargo handling
“I enjoy coming to work because we get to collaborate with amazing and talented colleagues. Our team is international, professional and self-guided. We are working with smart people which we can rely on.”
- Scrum Master Marko at Cargotec Digital Solutions Hub -
Cargotec Digital Solutions Hub creates data-driven software and services for intelligent cargo handling for all of the three Cargotec businesses: Kalmar, Hiab and MacGregor. By using cutting-edge cloud technologies and industry best practices, we are responsible for driving digital transformation and accelerating the development of software solutions across Cargotec.
Sustainability is at the core of everything we do and we strive to make global trade smarter and eco-friendly while securing the growth of new digital business for Cargotec and its customers. Cargotec is a leading provider of cargo and load handling solutions globally so your actions will have a great impact on the industry.
Our recent projects at DiSH include for example McGregror OnWatch Scout condition monitoring solution transforming the predictive maintenance of maritime equipment (https://www.macgregor.com/intelligent-solutions/onwatch-scout/) and Kalmar Insight performance management tool for cargo handling operations that turns data into actionable, impactful insights (https://www.kalmarglobal.com/equipment-services/kalmar-insight/).
We are now looking for a Senior Cloud Software Developer to join us in Tampere.
You will be a member of our team developing digital software products for our customers and building system capabilities for various projects in cloud environments. We are a multicloud organisation using both AWS and Google Cloud, and based on your experience and interests your daily tasks can focus on either one or both. You master different aspects of cloud development from software development to devops tools and appreciate working in an international, cross-functional setup and engaging with various teams working with frontend and backend software solutions.
As a software engineering expert, you thrive in using modern DevOps tools and practises to produce quality cloud native software solutions. You are able to communicate effectively when analyzing, troubleshooting, and resolving issues together with other developers and stakeholders.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Several years of professional experience in designing and developing software in the cloud environment (preferably either AWS or GCP)
- Strong working knowledge in programming languages like Typescript, Python or Java
- Proven track record of crafting elegant and fit-for-purpose system and software architectures using managed cloud services
- Good working knowledge of technologies like containers, serverless computing, data streaming, ETL, microservices, relational databases (Postgres or MySQL), noSQL databases and REST APIs
- Understanding of automation and infrastructure management tools like Cloudformation, CDK, Terraform, Jenkins, Ansible or similar.
- Natural drive for continuous learning and interacting with the development team community
- Proficiency with agile and lean software development methodologies
- Strong analytical problem solving skills
- Good communication skills allowing collaboration with stakeholders from various backgrounds
- Proficiency in English (written and verbal)
- M.Sc(Eng.) or higher in software Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
Additionally, we appreciate:
- Experience with AWS services like ECS, RDS, Lambda, Glue, Kinesis Data streams, Kinesis Firehose, S3, DynamoDB, Athena, IoT Core, Greengrass
- Experience with GCP big data tooling, Cloud functions, Big Query, Cloud Storage and Data flow
- Experience with BI systems such as SAP
- GCP or AWS certificates
What can we offer you?
We could be your ideal employer, if you value working on your own software products with leading edge software and cloud technologies, including our IoT and data analytics system on AWS. Read more on https://lnkd.in/dr4vhAq
We have the culture and opportunities supporting continuous growth and learning of our professionals and we provide them highly interesting and meaningful software projects to work with.
There is a high level of autonomy and freedom to e.g. drive development initiatives most inspiring to you. We appreciate work life balance and provide flexible working hours.
Cargotec is a global company and working environment - around 11,500 people in 45 countries and operations in more than 100 countries.
We are a strong and stable, publicly listed employer with market-leading cargo brands to work for - and to have a huge impact on transforming the cargo industry and making the world more sustainable.
Interested to join?
Please submit your CV or LinkedIn profile by 18.12.2021
The applications will be continuously reviewed until the position is filled.
Our recruitment process in a nutshell:
There are four phases: Brief call, 1st interview, technical assignment and 2nd interview. First two phases focus on getting to know each other, letting you know what we do here at DiSH and how you would fit into our team. The two latter phases focus more on the technical know-how and requirements.
For information on the recruitment process and working at Cargotec, please contact Liisa Raulas at email@example.com
For more technical questions about the role and Cargotec as an employer, please turn to Chief Software Engineer Petri Selonen by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cargotec and its businesses
Cargotec (Nasdaq Helsinki: CGCBV) enables smarter cargo flow for a better everyday with its leading cargo handling solutions and services. Cargotec's business areas Kalmar, Hiab and MacGregor are pioneers in their fields. Through their unique position in ports, at sea and on roads, they optimise global cargo flows and create sustainable customer value. Cargotec has signed United Nations Global Compact’s Business Ambition for 1.5°C. The company’s sales in 2020 totalled approximately EUR 3.3 billion and it employs around 11,500 people.