MacGregor shapes the offshore and marine industries by offering world-leading engineering solutions and services with a strong portfolio of MacGregor, Hatlapa, Porsgrunn, Pusnes and Triplex brands. Shipbuilders, owners and operators are able to optimise the lifetime profitability, safety, reliability and environmental sustainability of their operations by working in close cooperation with us.
MacGregor: Shape your journey onboard and offshore with us
MacGregor is a world class supplier of equipment for load handling, mooring and loading/offloading solutions. As we are now facing an increasing interest for our simulation product portfolio, we are looking for a Senior Simulation Specialist to join the Macgregor Simulation Team C-How. By creating a digital twin of actual vessels and its environments and applying real time simulation properties, a safe environment is offered to our customers to develop, validate, experiment and educate with a wide range of equipment, procedures and environmental awareness parameters. Digital Twin Solutions development is in the core of MacGregor’s strategy to increase customer value by offering intelligent services. Currently, the Macgregor Simulation Team C-How can use two different simulation environments: Unity and C-How, of which the last one is in-house developed and based on Java code. This position reports to VP, Digitalisation and Business Transformation and the team is located in Kristiansand and Averøy, Norway. The locations of this position can be: Kristiansand (Norway), Tampere (Finland), Gothenburg (Sweden) or Rotterdam (Netherlands).
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Execute (internal- and external) customer simulation deployment projects with available simulation tools and delivering project deliverables (live demonstrations, study reports, video’s etc)
- Actively liaise with the MacGregor sales network to support commercialization and sales of simulation services, by generating reliable input for sales tools and estimations for sales proposals in terms of scope of work and required workload
- Contribute to professionalize available and new software (sub/) tools and software deployment processes to make them effective and efficient for customer project requests. In this role you are providing software and functional requirements (linked to customer, regulations, service, etc.) for simulation tools
- As a simulation deployment expert adviser you demonstrate, advise and train customers on applying digital twin applications in an efficient way, including development of professional training material and documentation as required.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Master/Bachelor degree in Science, preferably informatics/ IT/robotics or relevant software specialization
- Relevant experience can compensate for lack of formal education
- 5 - 10 years experience in Software development related roles
- 2+ years experience with simulation software
- Experience within marine industry will be considered as an advantage
- Knowledge about programming skills and deploying Java, C/C++ and C# software, Unity prefered
- Experienced in simulation tools
- Software application and deployment skills
- Strong communication & presentation skills in English
- Solid analytical and strong project management skills
- Self-driven, flexible and open minded
- Ability to work in teams, motivate, and inspire
- Ability to translate customer needs into technical features.
You will be part of:
By joining MacGregor, you will be able to work closely with leading industry professionals, developing and implementing new concepts that set the standards in the maritime transportation and offshore industries. We offer our employees the opportunity to be part of a truly global organization leveraged upon our shared values of Integrity, Quality and Safety. With us you will be part of a collaborative working culture with challenges and opportunities to further develop yourself professionally.
Interested to join?
For further information please contact Dennis Mol, VP, Digitalisation and Business Transformation on email: email@example.com
If you are excited about this opportunity, please submit your CV by 02.08.2021.
MacGregor is part of Cargotec
MacGregor shapes the offshore and marine industries by offering world-leading engineering solutions and services with a strong portfolio of MacGregor, Hatlapa, Porsgrunn, Pusnes and Triplex brands. Shipbuilders, owners and operators are able to optimise the lifetime profitability, safety, reliability and environmental sustainability of their operations by working in close cooperation with MacGregor.
MacGregor solutions and services for handling marine cargoes, vessel operations, offshore loads,crude/LNG transfer and offshore mooring are all designed to perform with the sea. www.macgregor.com
MacGregor is part of Cargotec. Cargotec's (Nasdaq Helsinki: CGCBV) sales in 2020 totalled approximately EUR 3.3 billion and it employs around 11,500 people.