As a Senior Project Engineer in Kongsberg Maritime Advanced Marine Operations you will take part in exciting projects from planning to realization by combining our industry know-how and digital solutions with high-end dynamic simulations.
The business unit located at Lysaker is recognized as a world leading engineering and consultancy service provider within analysis of riser and umbilical systems, power cables and design and commissioning of riser integrity monitoring solutions. We also provide advisory services during marine operations supported by advanced dynamic simulations. Our drilling department supports drilling operations with on-line decision support tools getting integrated with other KONGSBERG bridge systems.
Offshore wind is an emerging business area with high focus within the business unit. We are involved in developing concepts for efficient installation of wind turbines including ancillary equipment like mooring lines and power cables.
You will be part of an informal, creative and positive work environment. In our teams we have highly qualified co-workers who are willing to share their knowledge and experience with you. We are looking for someone who is self-driven, eager to learn, and you like to be challenged through exciting projects.
- Project Engineering – from planning to realization
- Project and Customer coordination
- Modelling and simulation of dynamic systems
- Development of digital solutions
- Data analytics & processing
- Tender preparation
Qualifications and experience
- M.Sc. degree with specialization in areas like hydrodynamics, marine construction and/or marine cybernetics
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant work experience
- Experience with Orcaflex (or similar) for dynamic structure analyses
- Good grasp on Python, Excel or similar for data science and data processing
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
You are able to:
- act on own initiative, make things happen and accept responsibility for the results
- adhere to company rules and procedures and execute plans with commitment and determination
- use a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead, define clear priorities and allocate resources effectively
- analyse complex issues and problems and come up with rational judgments
- demonstrate specialist knowledge and expertise in own area
- co-operate well with others, share knowledge, experience, information and support others in the pursuit of team goals
What we can offer
- An exciting and important position working for the world-leading supplier of maritime solutions
- International work environment and multidisciplinary team collaboration. We have offices in Houston and Rio de Janeiro.
- An inspiring and safe work environment
- Professional and personal development and career opportunities
- Competitive terms including attractive insurance policies and pension schemes
- We offer the possibility to work with sustainable and exciting solutions for the future
- We offer flexible working hours & hybrid working arrangement
- To take part in the green shift for the ocean space
We are located in new office location at Lysaker Torg 35, Oslo. We have a free on-site gym in addition to free car- and bike parking.
Point of contact
Cathrine Ebbesen, Team Manager Marine Operations, +47 911 99 780
Kongsberg Maritime is an international company with job opportunities worldwide. The company is a market leader in systems for Dynamic Positioning, Marine Automation & Control System, Sensor Technology, Marine Operations, Riser Design & Analysis. We are determined to provide our customers with innovative and reliable solutions that ensure optimal operation.
WORLD CLASS – through people, technology and dedication