Imagine a future where you conduct the electrical design of the biggest offshore wind farms in the world in an exciting and fast-growing industry
Join us in this role where you’ll design the electrical infrastructure of our offshore wind farms and carry out power system studies to ensure grid code compliance together with bright and passionate colleagues.
Welcome to Electrical System Design and Grid Integration
You’ll be part of a power system designs team where you, together with your colleagues, have a key role in optimising our wind farm designs, while pushing the boundaries of what’s technically possible. The department is highly diverse and comprises more than 40 highly skilled engineers working across six countries to ensure electrical integration of our future offshore wind farms into an increasing number of markets across the globe.
You’ll play an important role in:
- designing and developing concepts for the overall electrical power transmission system from the onshore substation to the wind turbine generator
- performing power system studies on the wind farm, including power flow, voltage control, dynamic analysis, fault ride through, stability and harmonic studies
- participating in relevant project meetings and cooperating with other team members on shared issues
- handling project tasks such as optimisation and cost benefit analyses, support of decision processes, and documenting the technical solutions and analyses.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have completed a degree in electrical engineering
- have experience with electrical system design and analysis using simulation tools like PowerFactory and PSCAD
- preferably have some experience with the offshore wind industry
- have a proactive, result oriented and systematic approach to your work tasks
- speak and write English fluently.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 6 June 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Sune Beck Grønskov, Manager, on +4599554921 if you’d like to know more about the position.
For Germany, please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations DE on firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to know more about the position.
For the UK, please contact talentacquisitionUK@orsted.co.uk if you’d like to request any flexibility or reasonable adjustments to perform in this role or for the application and assessment process.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
About the job
Application deadline: 6 June 2021
Country: Denmark, Germany, United Kingdom
Workplace: Gentofte, Hamburg, London, Skærbæk
Working hours: Full-time
Employment type: Permanent
Sune Beck Grønskov
All UK-based positions will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening, further details will be given at offer stage.
- 6,000 employees worldwide.
- Headquartered in Denmark and located in 13 countries.
- Ørsted develops, constructs and operates offshore and onshore wind farms, solar farms, energy storage facilities, and bioenergy plants, and provides energy products to its customers.
- Our vision is to create a world that runs entirely on green energy.
An inclusive team
Ørsted wants all employees to have the same opportunities for impact and growth, regardless of age, nationality, disability, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation or beliefs. We’re committed to secure an inclusive work environment characterised by a respect for all people so everyone feels free to openly share their input and ideas.
What we offer