Imagine a future where you’re tackling a broad range of legal issues of strategic significance for our growing hydrogen business as well as our European offshore wind business
Join us and become Senior Legal Counsel in the Legal Commercial CE & UK legal team where you’ll handle a wide range of legal matters associated with all aspects of our hydrogen projects as well as the entire lifecycle of offshore wind farms.
Welcome to Group Legal
You’ll be part of Legal Commercial CE & UK where you, together with your colleagues, predominantly will act as global legal support for our hydrogen business and advise on all aspects of a hydrogen project, including corporate structuring, funding applications, permitting, and consenting, negotiation and drafting of relevant agreements, including JV agreements, offtake arrangements, and corporate power purchase agreements.
You’ll play an important role in:
- providing regional support to our offshore wind business in Central Europe and UK within the areas of market development, project development, and asset management
- advising on regulatory and consenting issues in new and existing markets, permitting procedures, giving legal input to and review of offshore wind bid submissions
- participating in the negotiation of development-stage commercial agreements (e.g., interconnection and related agreements, crossing, and proximity agreements
- handling interface agreements with commercial third parties and public authorities, day-to-day asset management support, including stakeholder management with partners and implementation of JV agreements.
To succeed in the role, you:
- are a fully qualified lawyer in Denmark or have qualified as solicitor in England and Wales
- have extensive experience with legal transactional work within M&A, finance, or real estate, preferably from a major law firm
- have a proactive and systematic approach to your work tasks
- possess outstanding written and oral communication skills
- are capable of working independently and have the ability to work under pressure and to quickly adapt to changing circumstances including working across several jurisdictions
- have the ability to work quickly on a broad range of issues, with infrastructure-related experience being a plus.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 31 May 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Jakob Feldborg, Head of Legal Offshore Europe, on +4599554859 if you’d like to know more about the position.
For the UK, please contact talentacquisitionUK@orsted.co.uk if you’d like to request any flexibility or reasonable adjustments to perform in this role or for the application and assessment process.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
About the job
Application deadline: 31 May 2021
Country: Denmark, United Kingdom
Workplace: Gentofte, London
Working hours: Full-time
Employment type: Permanent
Head of Legal Offshore Europe
- 6,000 employees worldwide.
- Headquartered in Denmark and located in 13 countries.
- Ørsted develops, constructs and operates offshore and onshore wind farms, solar farms, energy storage facilities, and bioenergy plants, and provides energy products to its customers.
- Our vision is to create a world that runs entirely on green energy.
An inclusive team
Ørsted wants all employees to have the same opportunities for impact and growth, regardless of age, nationality, disability, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation or beliefs. We’re committed to secure an inclusive work environment characterised by a respect for all people so everyone feels free to openly share their input and ideas.
What we offer