Do you have expertise in, and passion for, Project Management in a lean and agile environment? Would you like to apply these skills and continue to grow in driving digital business solutions in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? If so, AstraZeneca might be the place for you!
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven BioPharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious disease. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies. At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development.
R&D IT is an outstanding organization at the forefront of the technology revolution in healthcare. We’re applying technologies such as AI, machine learning, software and data engineering and analytics to provide critical insights to the R&D business unit. The Late Science Project Management team is a global team of program and project managers within R&D IT working closely with the Late Science business area to deliver innovative and game changing digital solutions.
What you´ll do
You will be accountable for developing and delivering solutions to agreed budget and schedule whilst meeting required quality and compliance standards in an agile and lean delivery setting. Key focus areas are:
- Planning, execution, and delivery of all IT related commitments adhering to agreed AZ delivery frameworks and quality requirements
- Leading and coordinating budgets, forecasts, tasks, schedules, risk management, change management, and status to support effective decisions and project reporting
- Building and leading agile delivery teams well aligned to business including day to day management of resources and activities in order to maximize team’s success
- Building and Leading agile and lean delivery processes including practices such as frequent delivery methods, Scrum Master practices, IT release management, PI planning, and alignment to a bigger portfolio
- IT service design and transition plans into operation and support ensuring successful implementation and benefit realization
- IT and Business stakeholder relationship and management at multiple levels ensuing IT alignment and collaboration with business for all the above
- Being an active member of governance, steering, and stakeholder management meetings and processes
Contribute actively to the development of the IT PM capability for the wider IT PM community.
Required skills and capabilities
- Technical, Science, Business degree or equivalent
- Considerable and solid IT Project Management knowledge and hands on experience with evidence of shaping, driving, and delivering innovative and complex solutions in close partnership with business
- Experience in managing and leading global delivery teams and in multinational setting
- Knowledge and experience in agile and lean delivery methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban, SAFE, and/or others
- Experience of working with external vendors and onshore and offshore suppliers
- Strong interpersonal skills in leadership, communication, negotiation, adaptability, and diligence
- Ideally experience of working in a pharmaceutical environment with knowledge of GxP requirements
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognising their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organisation to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
So, what’s next!
- Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
Competitive salary and benefit package
Job posting open: 2021-04-19
Job posting end: 2021-05-09