MacGregor shapes the offshore and marine industries by offering world-leading engineering solutions and services with a strong portfolio of MacGregor, Hatlapa, Porsgrunn, Pusnes and Triplex brands. Shipbuilders, owners and operators are able to optimise the lifetime profitability, safety, reliability and environmental sustainability of their operations by working in close cooperation with us.
Purpose of the position
The Fishery & Research (FAR) division focuses on deck handling and deck machinery for the fishery segment related to trawlers, purse seiners, service boats for fish farmers and live fish carriers in addition to the Oceanographic, Polar and Fishery research vessels.
We are looking for a Senior Hydraulic Concept Engineer to join our skilled team in Averøy, optionally in Bodø.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in planning and implementation of hydraulic design for products
- Give support to customers and other parts of the organization in issues related to the hydraulic part of products
- Implement hydraulic design according to the current strategy and architecture
- Deliver project documentation, drawings and calculations according to contract
- Define a test strategy and conduct testing of hydraulic designs before/during FAT, HAT and SAT
- Make sure all quality issues are dealt with before delivery
- Maintain knowledge of class rules, standards and regulations
- Comply with deadlines and collaborate closely with other team members
- Inform line manager when a delay in progress occurs, and help find good solutions to mitigate delays
- Participate actively in improvements to new and existing products
- Conduct improvements in production, quality, environment and safety
- Where applicable, control, document and perform certifications of products according to class rules
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Bachelor / MSc. in relevant engineering or equivalent practical line education
- Proven results from similar positions can compensate for formal education
- 2-5 years relevant experience is preferred
- Ability to think visually while at the same time creating a plan for implementing the vision.
- Self-driven with the ability to plan and manage workload effectively
- Good communication skills
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
You will be part of:
By joining MacGregor, you will be able to work closely with leading industry professionals, developing and implementing new concepts that set the standards in the maritime transportation and offshore industries. We offer our employees the opportunity to be part of a truly global organization leveraged upon our shared values of Integrity, Quality and Safety. With us you will be part of a collaborative working culture with challenges and opportunities to further develop yourself professionally.
Interested to join?
If you are excited about this opportunity, please submit your application by January 24, 2022. For more information on the position, please contact:
Mads Bergdal, Head of Technical Department, Fishery and Research, Offshore Solution Division.
Mobile +4792483615, email@example.com
MacGregor is part of Cargotec
MacGregor shapes the offshore and marine industries by offering world-leading engineering solutions and services with a strong portfolio of MacGregor, Hatlapa, Porsgrunn, Pusnes and Triplex brands. Shipbuilders, owners and operators are able to optimise the lifetime profitability, safety, reliability and environmental sustainability of their operations by working in close cooperation with MacGregor.
MacGregor solutions and services for handling marine cargoes, vessel operations, offshore loads,crude/LNG transfer and offshore mooring are all designed to perform with the sea. www.macgregor.com
MacGregor is part of Cargotec. Cargotec's (Nasdaq Helsinki: CGCBV) sales in 2020 totalled approximately EUR 3.3 billion and it employs around 11,000 people. www.cargotec.com