Imagine a future where you help create a world that runs entirely on green energy while engaging stakeholders around climate change and decarbonisation.
Join us in this role where you’ll lead our global public affairs for decarbonisation. Countries and companies must speed up decarbonisation for the world to stay within a 1.5-degree temperature rise. Our company will be carbon neutral by 2025, decades before science deem it necessary, and we have a science-based target to be carbon neutral in our supply chain by 2040. We can help countries and customers speed up decarbonisation by engaging stakeholders who shape policy and decide on energy technologies and by sharing our learnings.
Welcome to Global Public Affairs & Sustainability Solutions
You’ll be part of Global Public Affairs where you, together with your colleagues, will engage global stakeholders in intergovernmental fora, global associations, think tanks, and NGOs that shape global policy and thinking around decarbonisation. You’ll impact global climate change policy, position the company as a thought leader within decarbonisation, and work closely with markets to shape policy around decarbonisation.
You’ll play an important role in:
- developing and executing a strategy for engaging global stakeholders on global climate change policy
- working with our market level public affairs organisations to leverage our performance within decarbonisation of our operations and supply chain in our markets towards policy makers
- identifying and developing impactful best practice stakeholder engagement at market level and facilitate knowledge sharing across the global organisation
- drawing up communication strategies to position the company as a thought leader among global and national stakeholders and overseeing content development and campaign execution with our in-house agency
- advising top management on positioning and messaging with respect to decarbonisation, including preparation of briefs and speaking notes for conferences, panels, and media appearances.
To succeed in the role, you:
- possess strategic orientation that allows you to proactively identify medium and long-term priorities and translate them into short-term actions
- have deep insights into the global stakeholder landscape within climate change as well as strong stakeholder engagement competencies
- have analytical skills to understand detailed knowledge and turn it into strong communication and innovative policy asks
- have excellent written and verbal top-down communication skills and full professional proficiency in English.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 03 June 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Rasmus Nikolaj Due Skov, Head of Global PA & Sust. Solutions, on +4599559049 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
About the job
Application deadline: 03 June 2021
Working hours: Full-time
Employment type: Permanent
Rasmus Nikolaj Due Skov
Head of Global PA & Sust. Solutions
- 6,000 employees worldwide.
- Headquartered in Denmark and located in 13 countries.
- Ørsted develops, constructs and operates offshore and onshore wind farms, solar farms, energy storage facilities, and bioenergy plants, and provides energy products to its customers.
- Our vision is to create a world that runs entirely on green energy.
An inclusive team
Ørsted wants all employees to have the same opportunities for impact and growth, regardless of age, nationality, disability, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation or beliefs. We’re committed to secure an inclusive work environment characterised by a respect for all people so everyone feels free to openly share their input and ideas.
What we offer
- Pension scheme, health insurance and five weeks of holiday entitled by the Danish Holiday Act. In addition to the five weeks of holiday, you’ll also receive a total of 10 paid days off for holiday purposes and fixed holidays per holiday year. For new employees, the allocation of paid holidays is made on a pro rata basis, depending on the date of employment.