Do you like to take the high-level view? Are you interested in the current and future technology trends? Are you passionate about technology driving value realisation?
Maersk is achieving an unprecedented transformation in the growth of our businesses, rethinking the way we engage with customers and partners, and how the world’s trade flows across our global network.
We are offering you a unique opportunity to help shape that journey and the future organization. As a part of this process, you will have an opportunity to participate in a global IT transformation program that will set the direction of the future business model for this large global organization.
Reporting to the Head of Technology Products and Platforms within Enterprise Architecture, you will fulfil the role of Senior Enterprise Architect within Maersk Technology.
You will build a trusted partner relationship with senior stakeholders across the business and technology to influence and shape the direction of our major technology programs – balancing a transformation agenda with the needs of our 70,000 customers.
The role will need a natural bar raiser – someone with curiosity and vision to fill in the whitespaces in technology and business knowledge, to coach and inspire others and ultimately to connect the pieces that will make Maersk successful as the integrator in global logistics.
Joining Maersk T&L will embark you on a great journey with career development in a global organisation. As a Senior Enterprise Architect, you will gain broad business knowledge of the company’s activities globally, as well as understand how the com-plexity of IT supports the transport and logistics business.
At Maersk we value the diversity of our talent and will always strive to recruit the best person for the job – we value diversity in all its forms, including but not limited to: gender, age, nationality, race, sexual orientation, disability or religious beliefs. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high performing teams
- Create, own and maintain target state reference architectures to support the product and platform strategies
- Facilitate the creation of technology roadmaps
- Influence with product and platform owners to update/replace/retire applications lifecycle
- Working with business process design communities, drive a digital mindset to support a greater effectiveness of technologies across the organisation
- Support application requirements management and evaluation process with IT Development department and steer recommendations on make-or-buy decisions
- Partner with the business design functions to support invest planning
- Support digital innovation by leveraging novel technologies and approaches to connect our existing 'legacy’ base with our new, customer facing applications
- Enable various channels for product data sharing, like events, API’s and messaging and align with the Maersk Target Application Framework
- Participate in the impact and change plan that will see this through to implementation
- Coach, mentor and collaborate with peers, solution architects and product owners and platform portfolio leads to achieve successful outcomes
We are looking for
- Success with change management on a global scale across multiple functions- using a value driven approach and an understanding of E-2-E impact.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and setting direction for others.
- Ability to communicate and demonstrate the value of the change to key stakeholders in both the business and technology functions.
- Transformational mindset using an approach of persuasion and encouragement that embeds sustainable capabilities. Able to take ownership when needed.
- Understanding of the vision and challenges of moving from a monolithic landscape to decoupled service-based architectures.
- Ability to recognise, support and champion innovation as a transformational behaviour throughout the business.
- Experience with one or more packaged solutions for ERP, CRM, e-Commerce, or mobile (e.g. Salesforce, Oracle, SAP, Workday, etc.)
- Practical and business based experience in working with cloud solutions and also with traditional legacy architecture and systems.
- Good knowledge of the global logistics industry & profitability drivers with a comprehensive network of contacts.
- Keen interest in technology industry trends and potential to translate into business value
- Practical and business based experience within an Ocean Carrier or Supply Chain & Logistics organisation
In addition, the following would be desirable:
- Has good self-awareness
- Typically has 10+ years of experience in multiple relevant business areas (IT, logistics, manufacturing supply chain or maritime industry).
- Worked within globally distributed matrix organisation
- Experience of working within Agile and Waterfall environments
- Consulting or business reference experience
- Commercial acumen
- Has or can demonstrate an extensive network of business stakeholders
You are a great communicator both with IT and non-IT people and an acknowledged team player with a high degree of personal integrity. You can lift the bar and energise people around you, while maintaining a strong personal drive and the ability to get things done.