DNV in Bergen consist of 85 highly skilled employees, working within Energy Systems, Maritime and Business Assurance. The section Materials & Testing Bergen is an important part of our business with Technology Centres providing world leading expertise.
The need and opportunities for qualified solutions and new green energy solutions provides unique opportunities for DNV. Our long reference and key experts assist our customers to bring trust to new solutions and by this making them able to tackle the global transformation.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated corrosion expert with strong analytical and interpersonal skills to join our Technology Centre for Materials & Corrosion. Together with a local team of 18 experts in the unit and a global network of 11 DNV laboratories, the position provides unique opportunities for personal development and learning.
The position will involve involvement in projects for leading operators and companies, both as project manager, technical expert and advisor.
We are looking for a candidate with PhD or MSc within corrosion or materials technology, combined with operational experience from offshore/ onshore industry.
The candidate should:
- have a unique interest in corrosion related issues in the industry
- curiosity to new energy solutions as hydrogen, C02, CCS and other
- customer oriented mindset and excellent communication skills
- motivation to take on new challenges
- enjoy working in teams and sharing your knowledge
- maintain a high degree of integrity in what you do and deliver
- be fluent in Norwegian and English languages, both verbal and written.
- A meaningful job with one of Norway’s most attractive employers. We are ranked #3 in the Young Professional Attractiveness Index 2020 and Norway’s most attractive employer 2019 by Randstad.
- A strong company culture with an emphasis on competence development
- Great colleagues who value teamwork and support
- Attractive total compensation package
- 6 weeks annual vacation
- International working environment
- Flexible working hours and focus on work/life balance
- Interesting and challenging projects, both national and international
- Be part of a world-leading company that has a global reach with more than 12 000 employees around to world and is headquartered in Norway.
- The possibility to grow and develop your competencies and ambitions within DNV
For further information, please, contact:
Mads Arild Eidem, Head of Section, Materials Bergen, +47 92054812
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We provide assurance to the entire energy value chain through our advisory, monitoring, verification, and certification services. As the world's leading resource of independent energy experts and technical advisors, we help industries and governments to navigate the many complex, interrelated transitions taking place globally and regionally, in the energy industry. We are committed to realizing the goals of the Paris Agreement, and support all stakeholders to transition faster to a deeply decarbonized energy system.
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!