Local Unit & Position Description:This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the world’s leading energy consultancies and one of the pre-eminent renewable engineering consultancies in the world, DNV.
DNV in Denmark is looking for more Senior Electrical engineers to join our team based in Esbjerg.
The successful candidates will be part of DNV’s Project Engineering and Due Diligence team and be involved in the development, design, construction, review and analysis of renewable energy projects.
If your answer to these questions is “yes”, then we'd like to hear from you
- Do you want to work on renewable energy projects and play a role in the energy transition?
- Do you want to work with engineers from all over the world as part of our independent, multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy team working on utility scale renewable energy?
- Do you want to learn new skills from DNV’s global pool of specialists?
- Are you readyto be part of an experienced, caring, friendly team who wants to work cooperatively with you to realize great outcomes?
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in electrical engineering.
- Several years of professional experience working on utility scale projects.
- The desire to work Offshore approx. 10 weeks per year.
- The desire to take short trips abroad, eg in our German or Dutch offices in Hamburg or Groningen.
- Safety mindset.
As part of DNV’s Energy Systems group, the role will involve:
- Working with our customers in the design, development, construction, operation and maintenance of grid-connected renewable energy projects.
- Project due diligence reviews, lenders technical advisory services.
- Working with other specialists as part of our independent, multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy team with a focus on Grid connection, wind and storage projects during design, construction and operations.
- Communication with experts from other international DNV offices and facilitating information sharing in this area.
Offshore trips from time to time, therefore you will be equipped with BOSIET certificate
- Bachelor in Electrical Engineering, preferably with specialization in Power Systems or AP Graduate in Electrical Service Engineering
Expertise in one or more of the areas is required:
- Electrical power systems and grid technology
- Functional Safety
- Wind technology
- Solar technology
- Ex / ATEX, electrical and mechanical equipment, eg offshore oil production
- Experience in designing and delivering presentations to a high standard
- Design, development and construction of utility scale projects
- Site inspection
- At least two-years teamwork in an engineering environment
- Possess excellent project management and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and reporting skills
- Fluent level of English language skills, required
- Danish language skills, preferred
- German language skills, desired
For more information please contact:
Karsten Gehring Rasmussen - Team Leader for Electrical Safety +45 4024 0188
Company & Business Area Description:
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We provide assurance to the entire energy value chain through our advisory, monitoring, verification, and certification services. As the world's leading resource of independent energy experts and technical advisors, we help industries and governments to navigate the many complex, interrelated transitions taking place globally and regionally, in the energy industry. We are committed to realizing the goals of the Paris Agreement, and support all stakeholders to transition faster to a deeply decarbonized energy system.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!