Local Unit & Position Description: Maritime Advisory in Region North Europe employs about 180 consultants who support customers in the maritime industry globally in their efforts to make the right decisions to achieve profitable and sustainable results.
We have the capabilities, experience, and track record to deliver high value solutions, mobilizing the full potential of customersâ assets and operations, putting technical matters and business decisions into meaningful context to achieve optimal solutions. We are the preferred advisor in the ongoing process of achieving emission goals in the maritime industry. Shipping Advisory, a unit in the Maritime Advisory, is now inviting competent and motivated new colleagues into our team. We seek to employ 2 permanent junior- /senior consultants.
Digitalization and decarbonization are the amongst main challenges for the entire value chain of the maritime industry. Maritime Advisory supports the industry in optimizing the benefits from unprecedented digital capabilities to collect, process, refine and utilise data for the purpose of safer, more cost-efficient, and sustainable operations. Our customers are shipowners, cargo âowners/charterers, designers, yards, supplier industry, finance institutions, insurance, public administrations, port authorities, etc.
In Shipping Advisory, we are committed to supporting our clients, enhance their technical and commercial performance and ultimately provide a basis for improved business decisions. The green shift in the industry is essential in everything we do, and topics may be bundled within the following segments:
- Maritime Logistics (port and transport)
- Decarbonisation through efficient operations, technical solutions and new concepts
- Digitalisation of shipping and data driven ship management
- Strategic planning of
- vessel capacity utilisation
Depending on formal qualifications and interest, the following tasks are among those that you will be involved in:
- Technical and economic analysis and feasibility studies to enable and support customer decisions
- Support cargo owners to improve and develop cost-efficient and sustainable logistics solutions. Typical analyses include: qualitative and quantitative transport analysis, logistics simulation and optimisation, fleet size and mix, route pattern, voyage calculations and cost and profitability. Further, optimization of new designs and existing tonnage with respect to size, speed, voyage and utilization of cargo capacity, which also realize the potential in green ocean transport and establishment of green transport contracts
- Support vessel owners and operators to identify digital transformation opportunities. This includes establishing digital strategies and goals and related analyses of the potential in unstructured data, developing plans on how to capitalise on the potential in data transmitted from vessels to shore and improve decision-making process through a data-driven business process
- Support maritime customers, such as owners/operators, authorities, public administration to achieve energy efficient operations through opportunities identification, strategies and approaches development for implementing green solutions
- Provide assistance to shipowners with different aspects of green operations and/or fleet renewal through screening analysis, evaluation of compliance level, strategic choice of emission abatement solutions (retrofit or newbuild), design support, newbuild technical support, operational support and investment analysis (effect of investments and ESG (environmental, social and governance) stakeholder reporting)
- Project management including scoping of projects, coordination with customers and colleagues (local and global)
- Marketing, sales and development to identify business opportunities for Maritime Advisory services both on existing and new customers locally and globally
- Understand and apply DNVâs purpose, role, and capabilities in developing and endorsing new technology and solutions in the market and towards public authorities
Position Qualifications: The right candidates combine strong applied technical skills, commercial curiosity, consultancy mindset and genuine interest in the variety of challenges the maritime industry is facing.
Formal education perquisite for application is Master of Science, other relevant Masterâs degree or Ph.D. within fields of activity as referred above. In addition, following personal qualifications â dependent on total qualifications â are required:
- Adherence to DNVâs purpose: To safeguard life, property, and the environment
- Genuine interest for shipping and maritime industry
- 3-10 yearsâ experience from one or more of the following: Consulting business, Shipping/ship management, Project management, Green projects (incl green finance / ESG), Maritime industry in general
- Pro-active, commercial mind-set: Self-driven, team player, creative, sociable, customer-oriented and quality focused
- Demonstrate strong communication skill, presentation skill, and technical writing (Norwegian and English)
- Strong analytical skills and mindset (quantitative and qualitative): able to look beyond what is apparent to see trends and systematic impacts of underlying facts
- Excellent ability to collect, process and structure information
- Microsoft office applications; Power Point, Word, Excel and Power BI skills: Ability to create visually attractive, logical, and user-friendly reports and dashboards
- Skills in simulation and optimization of transport systems, including operational research
- Programming skills (including Python)
For further details please contact:
Christine Adal, Head of Section, +47 99565566, Christine.Adal@dnv.com
Company & Business Area Description: DNV is the worldâs leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We enhance safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental performance of the global shipping industry â across all vessel types and offshore structures. Together with the industry, we invest heavily in research and development to find solutions that address strategic, operational or regulatory challenges. Maritime Advisory plays a key role in this context. We therefore seek new members to our team.
Equal Opportunity Statement: DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!
Location: Veritasveien 1, HÃ¸vik
Job Type: Permanent
Work Location: Multiple Locations