Senior Automation Engineer
Yara Marine Technologies provides technologies to enable a greener maritime industry. Ever since the beginning in 2010, Yara Marine Technologies has been a frontrunner in the emission reduction technology industry. We developed into one of the world’s largest providers of high-quality scrubber systems, with more than 400 systems installed.
Today, we provide a portfolio of green technologies and work as a partner for yards’ and ship-owners’, to reduce and eliminate ship emissions. Yara Marine Technologies is a fully owned subsidiary of Yara International and we have offices in Sweden, Norway, and China.
Do you want to help us promote a healthy planet for future generations? We are now looking for a Senior Automation Engineer who will strengthen our engineering team.
"I have worked at Yara Marine since December 2018. What made me apply for the position was the international work environment in a company that value growth, both individually and from industrial perspective by investing in innovation projects.
To work at Yara Marine is fun and exciting, especially when it comes to be involved in development of innovation products. What I appreciate the most from working at Yara Marine is the chance to expand your network by working in a fast-growing company, as well as the company culture and the chance to develop."
- Saman Chashm Fassa, Electrical designer/Automation engineer
As Senior Automation Engineer you will work multidisciplinary within the organization in various projects. You are the main responsible programmer for development of our control system and the architecture. In this role, you report to the Electrical & Automation Manager.
You will also:
- Develop control system philosophy and software structure for new products/processes
- Develop PLC logic including interfaces to subsystems
- Develop HMI graphics
- Advise on technical solution in projects related to automation for hydraulic systems
- Support commissioning team with advice on technical questions and participate in commissioning FAT & SAT when required
- Make technical specifications and requirements towards suppliers and interfaced sub systems
- Hydraulic Design interaction and supervision of programming for technical solutions and component selection together with supplier
- Other responsibilities related to supervise software development, functional descriptions and test procedures
Background and skills
- Minimum 6 years’ experience working with PLC based software development
- Experience from different control systems following IEC 61131-3
- Profound knowledge within the field of system design, automation, electrical, hydraulic and/or mechanical experience
- Experience from working with different stakeholders, both internal and external
- Experience with technical specifications and system design
- Fluent in English, writing and speaking
As a person, you are an analytical problem solver with the ability to think from both a technical and commercial perspective. You are a driven and positive person with a good ability to work in teams and sharing your experiences.
What we offer
We offer an opportunity to be part of a market leading global company in front of green technology for ships, with strong growth. In an open and inspiring environment where your energy will make a difference. We provide great potential for personal and professional development.
For more information, please contact Josefine Petersson 0702-50 14 29 or Nicole Diener 0735-25 86 86 at Intenso Teknikrekrytering AB.
Let’s make the world a greener place!
We welcome your application as soon as possible; selection is done continuously.
More information at www.yaramarine.com.