Are you passionate about agile development and do you possess leadership and stakeholder management skills? Do you want to play a role in the maturation of our agile development?
Terma provides mission critical solutions for the defense and aerospace industry. We are guided by one overall purpose: to deliver security for countries, alliances, and individuals. We operate in a variety of areas, but security is always the key. We deliver advanced technologies to keep people safe, both in peacetimes and in times of conflict. Our systems provide security for people on land, at sea, and in the air. In space, we are engaged in reaching new frontiers and enabling people on our planet to deal with new and upcoming challenges. Terma puts an emphasis on diversity and brings passionate people together with different cultural and professional backgrounds.
The teams and organization
In this role we are looking for a professional Scrum Master for two central teams in our Command & Control (C2) organization in Herlev. The C2 organization is mainly responsible for our C2 Naval system, C-Flex, that provides situational awareness et. al. for surveillance, maritime safety, and combat purposes at sea. The C2 organization counts 90 highly engaged colleagues and is an area of great focus and importance in Terma. Within the C2 organization in Herlev we work in stable, interdisciplinary, and self-managed teams based on the agile principles.
The two teams that you will be Scrum Master for are our C2 Core and DEVOPS & Integration teams.
The C2 Core team is responsible for core functionality in our C2 Naval systems. The core of the C2 system is made up of functionality to provide operators with mission critical situational awareness information fused from multiple sensors like radar, electro-optical, and camera.
The DEVOPS & Integration team is a newly established team, which plays an important role in our Continuous Integration strategy and is, among others, responsible for the tool stack infrastructure development and maintenance enabling automatic testing, integration, deployment, and release.
The role and your most important tasks
You will, among other things, be responsible for coaching the two teams to become even better in their internal collaboration and in their external collaboration with fellow development teams and stakeholders, identify and eliminate obstacles to ensure progress on deliveries as well as facilitating Scrum ceremonies in a complex and varied working day.
You must be passionate about leading and coaching teams to become high-performing, have an agile mind-set, and possess good teaching skills.
Examples of area of responsibility:
- Shielding the team from distractions
- Ensuring that the team is setting and delivering on sprint targets
- Facilitating Scrum events and meetings
- Take ownership in strengthening our work methods, improving our work tools like Jira etc. in close cooperation with other Scrum Masters, Product Owners and Line Management
Your experience and education
You most likely have a background as a Software Developer and hold experience with high-level software development.
We expect that you:
- Are an experienced Scrum Master e.g. certified Scrum Master
- Are an experienced team manager
- Are a natural coach who can apply relevant experience and skills
- Have experience in agile development - perhaps you have even been a part of an agile change process
- Possess experience in driving teams to become high-performing
Candidates holding experience with the following will be preferred:
- Agile Coaching
- Continuous Integration
- Automatic Testing
You as a person
- You are proactive by nature, you make sure to align upfront and you are not afraid to challenge your colleagues in a respectful manner and to ask the clarifying questions
- You are a people’s person who finds it natural to interact with teams and individuals to pave the road and ensure alignment
- Your profile allows you to navigate in an interdisciplinary environment where solutions and deliverables are a result of an effective interaction between system and software development. You enjoy working in a complex and highly specialized environment. You respect the formal working processes while still mastering agile principles
What can Terma offer you?
You will join a high-tech, international, and creative working environment in a demanding sector that offers many challenges and opportunities for personal development. You will be part of a dedicated team characterized by professional pride and humor. In addition to the professional challenges, Terma offers a wide range of social activities and sports facilities, where employees meet in an informal atmosphere.
Want to know more?
Feel free to contact Michael Smed Kristensen, Director, C2 Situational Awareness via mail email@example.com. Please submit your CV and application as soon as possible, as we will process applications continuously. Please note, that in order to manage your application effectively and confidentially in our recruiting system, we only receive applications via our job portal.
The high-tech and innovative Terma Group develops products and systems for defense, non-defense and security applications, including command and control systems, radar systems, self-protection systems for aircraft and vessels, space technology, and aerostructures for the aircraft industry.
Terma A/S is headquartered at Aarhus, Denmark. Internationally, Terma has subsidiaries and operations in The Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates, India, Singapore and the U.S.