ICEYE is building and operating its own commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
We launched the world’s first small SAR satellite in January 2018. To date, ICEYE has successfully launched a total of 10 SAR satellite missions and has raised $152M in financing. We don’t plan to stop - join our team and let’s achieve great things together!
ICEYE is a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from more than 40 countries and subsidiaries in the US, UK, Spain, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from a range of areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. Being advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork, curiosity, and we know how to have fun!
To support the growth of the company, we are looking for a SAR Remote Sensing Engineer to join our Natural Catastrophe Team in the Helsinki area, Finland.
The Natural Catastrophe team is part of the Analytics department. It is responsible for building solutions that enable near-real-time assessment of the impact of global natural catastrophes. This empowers insurance, first responder, and government clients to provide timely support to people whose livelihoods are destroyed following natural disasters such as hurricanes, wildfires, earthquakes.
Our Natural Catastrophe team is developing and assessing solutions using SAR Remote Sensing techniques and 3rd party data. This team works in a highly experimental domain, requiring novel approaches, agile research, and fast iteration.
As a SAR Remote Sensing Engineer, your role is to help your team build persistent SAR change detection methodologies & services for damage monitoring in a highly volatile world. You are actively researching technologies and are excited to experiment rapidly in order to build sustainable capabilities.
What you will do:
- Process SAR imagery with Python and other common 3rd party tools for InSAR, PSI, CCD
- Develop end-to-end approaches for creating adaptable approaches that may be scaled globally with specific types of natural disasters
- Leverage historic data collections and help task new ones
- Be highly collaborative and communicative with your team and the broader ICEYE organization
- Strong SAR theoretical knowledge
- Experience in multi-temporal SAR analysis
- Experience in urban change detection methodologies
- A very good understanding of conventional InSAR technique(s)
- Demonstrated experience in agile environments and analytics solution development
- Strong experience in Python, GDAL, SNAP, Linux
- Experience in monitoring natural catastrophes is a plus
- PSI knowledge is a plus
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- Occupational healthcare, occupational and private insurance
- A yearly benefit budget to spend as you wish (i.e. on sport, transport, wellness, lunch, etc.)
- Relocation support (i.e. flight tickets, accommodation, relocation buddy program)
- Time for self-development, research, training, conferences, or certification schemes
- Inspiring and collaborating offices and silent workspaces enabling you to focus
- Regular internal events for employees (e.g. sports events, team-building events, parties, etc.)
- A wide variety of best coffee, tea, snacks, and sweets to accompany your daily space mission
We are looking forward to receiving your application in English as soon as possible.
Privacy Notice to Job Applicant
Please note that in accordance with ICEYE’s policy, voluntary consent for background checks is required for individuals being considered for employment globally.