DESMI is a global and market-leading company that operates within the supply of pumps and pump solutions for industrial use, the maritime market, defense & fuel, land-based firefighting, pumps for wastewater and district heating installations. The DESMI Group has more than 800 employed globally. DESMI Nordic has more than 50 employees.
Area Sales Manager for Marine & Offshore
Would you like to play an active role in the environmental protection of the world’s oceans? Are you our new Area Sales Manager who can assist and participate in driving sales activities through multiple sales channels in the Nordics?
We expect large growth the coming years and we are looking for an Area Sales Manager with maritime sales experience and a technical background to join our team and help us with our growth potential, by driving the sales of ballast water management systems, pumps and pump systems for existing customers as well as for new customers within the Marine & Offshore segment in the Nordic region.
As Area Sales Manager, you will be responsible for contributing to increased sales in the Nordic region towards the maritime sector, including shipowners, shipyards and other companies with maritime related business. It is important that you can create trusting relationships with customers as well as with distributors and know how to put the customer's needs in front and that you thrive on the go, since you will primarily be engaged in outgoing sales work. Your main responsibility will be to drive the sales of ballast water management systems.
You will be responsible for:
- Increased sales in the Nordic region according to the sales budget, with the primarily focus on sales of ballast water management systems and in addition sales of pumps and pump solutions.
- Systematic follow-up and coordination of sales in areas with distributors.
- Preparation of quotes/offers in DESMI’s quotation system (technical and commercial) and preparation of optimal technical solutions for customers.
- Customer visits including presentations and negotiations.
- Search and develop new customers.
- The link between customers and other departments in DESMI, including internal follow-up on customer orders.
- Participation in exhibitions and seminars.
- Travel activity +70 days / year.
You will be working from our Swedish office and report directly to the Head of Sales, Marine & Offshore, DESMI Danmark A/S.
You have a technical background, perhaps you hold an Engineering degree, preferably with marine experience combined with sales experience. You know your way around a ships equipment on-board and you are passionate about technical sales and technical solutions. English is a must; therefore, your English is at a proficient level both verbal and written combined with another Nordic language.
- Open minded and outgoing personality.
- Good communication skills.
- Solution-oriented with customer focus.
- Independent, goal-oriented, structured, and result-oriented.
- Nordic language combined with English at a professional proficiency.
- MS Office at a proficiency level.
We offer an exciting position in a market-leading global company with strong visions with the opportunity for personal and professional development. You are offered an opportunity to join a strong professional & result-oriented technical sales team who works towards achieving ambitious goals in a dynamic and energetic environment.
In this process we are working with Säljpoolen. If you have questions to the position, you are welcome to contact Recruitment Consultant Per Asplund at 031-7045192. Your application must go through the application button.
We look forward to your application!
About the company
Feel free to read more about DESMI at: www.desmi.com DESMI is a global company specialized in the development and manufacture of pump solutions for marine, industry, oil spill combating, defence & fuel and utility both locally and globally. Our product range supplemented with agency products from other leading, world class manufacturers – is completed by related services such as the design and installation of pump plants, oil spill recovery and after sales service through our network of service centres. We want our products to be of first-class workmanship so that customers always associate DESMI with quality, good design, and reliability and so that our products live up to the promises stated in our quotations and general sales material.