VIKING LIFE-SAVING EQUIPMENT is a global market leader in maritime, offshore and fire safety, and supplies and operates safety and fire extinguishing equipment for passenger and cargo ships, offshore installations, fishing vessels, the navy, helicopter service, fire service and recreational yachts. VIKING is a privately owned company founded in 1960 with headquarters in Esbjerg, Denmark, and the company currently has approx. 3000 employees worldwide. VIKING is represented with 8 production facilities, 3 training academies, 85+ branch offices and 275+ certified service stations. VIKING NORSAFE LIFE-SAVING EQUIPMENT NORWAY AS is headquartered in Arendal and has branch offices in Bergen, Oslo, Haugesund and Ålesund, and is approx. 285 employees in Norway.
Sales Manager Offshore
Join a company that makes a difference
Join our team as we develop game-changing safety solutions for the major offshore energy operators, the world’s largest cruise and ferry owners, leading commercial shipping giants, navies and a wealth of other maritime organizations worldwide. Experience a dynamic and inspiring working environment as part of a skilled and diverse workforce. We see the world as our home market - and we think and act from a global perspective.
As Sales Manager Offshore you will be a part of our Corporate Sales Team in Norway, with global responsibility.
You will be part of a team of 10 colleauges with great knowledge and experience.
- Actively engaging in seeking out opportunities in the global Offshore segment.
- Qualifying and determining clients needs .
- Evaluate opportunities and prepare commercial and technical response in accordance with specifications and expectations.
- Building and nurturing relationships with relevant external stakeholders
- Engaging relevant departments for validation of technical and commercial response to inquiries.
- Maintain relationships with Local VIKING offices by providing support, information, and guidance; researching and recommending new opportunities. Follow-up quotations and pipeline to secure orders in co-operation with VIKING local offices.
- Achieve necessary knowledge of sales tools, such as CRM system, Power BI and SAP BW and use these in the daily work and in connection with meetings, e.g. pipeline meetings with subsidiaries.
- Supporting colleagues within the Boats and Davit sales and other relevant functions when needed
- Participate in co-visits/joint visits at customers together with subsidiaries when necessary.
- Preparation and follow-up of offers and contracts for customers, within the limits given and decided
- Sales activities that he/she is assigned to
- Participate on exhibition fairs nationally and internationally as agreed with SDO
- Report activities, market trends, new orders and deviations to SDO.
- Plan, conduct and report own sales and marketing activities to SDO.
- Responsible for securing the necessary price setup
- Responsible for focus on proper CM and CM%
- Contribute to an efficient and good working environment
- Higher relevant education from college or university at bachelor level. Work experience may compensate for formal education.
- A strong and positive approach towards results
- Persistent approach related to closure
- High self-esteem and ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Sales and /or project management experience from the marine segment, preferably from the international Offshore sector
- Effective negotiation, communication, and teamwork skills
- Very good communication skills - both verbal and written
- Willingness to travel independently and adapt to a multicultural business environment.
- Fluent English, both spoken and written, we also value other languages as additions
- Good command of PC skills incl. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint. SAP and Microsoft CRM are also welcomed skills.
- Salg, Media og Markedsføring