Sales manager with technical understanding
Do you want a great degree of freedom, international opportunities and a strong brand behind you?
Do you have experience and authority – and are you able to close the deal and act as motivator, advisor and sparring partner to our colleagues at the local sales offices. Then you might be our new propeller sales manager in a job where you will have a lot of freedom, great influence and international career opportunities. At the same time, MAN Energy Solutions will be a strong brand behind you as well as colleagues who are leaders in their field of the maritime business, thus you can also develop your competencies in this direction. You are dedicated to sales and are able to combine your technical flair with commercial understanding. In addition to this, you thrive in a dynamic environment, where not two days are alike.
What am I going to do?
Your primary tasks will be:
- Preparation/quotes of optimum technical and commercial solutions
- Sales negotiations and signing of contracts
- Preparing and executing promotion towards owners, yards and ship designers
- Sales and project follow-up, webinar participation and cooperation with/development of the external sales organization
- Market analyses and business plans as well as canvassing and building new markets
- Some travelling to be expected
Who am I?
We imagine that you:
- As a person are dynamic and trustworthy and capable of building and maintaining relations
- Are result-oriented, work proactively, understand the cultural differences of international sales and inspire the sales team
- Are experienced with technical sales in the BtB market, where you have worked on all levels of the customer’s organization – it will be an advantage if you are experienced with working in a large organization
- Can combine knowledge/background of mechanical engineering with your passion for sales
- Are accustomed to negotiation and have international business experience from the maritime industry
- Are fluent in English verbally and in writing, as well as technical English
How is my new team/area of business?
As a member of a large team, you will be part of the concern’s competency center within propeller and propulsion optimization. You advise, project and sell energy optimization solutions, in packages either with the concern’s engines or directly to yards or owners as stand-alone products.
The propeller competency center is situated in Frederikshavn, which will also be your primary workplace; however, for the right candidate workplace at our offices in Copenhagen could possibly be agreed.
Who are MAN Energy Solutions?
With headquarter in Germany; MAN Energy Solutions employs around 15,000 people worldwide. Of these, we are approx. 2,200 passionate employees in Denmark in three locations: Copenhagen, Frederikshavn and Holeby. With more than 250 years of experience in advanced engineering, we deliver a unique portfolio of technologies and opportunities in the development of engines for use on ships and in power plants across the globe. MAN Energy Solutions works on the motto "Future in The Making", because we make a virtue out of creating sustainable solutions and contribute to a carbon neutral economy.
What can MAN Energy Solutions offer?
We can offer you challenging work tasks, an inspirational working environment and a great extent of cross-functional cooperation, both locally and across national borders. We have room for differences and many highly qualified and competent colleagues, working more than 120 places worldwide. We offer a competitive salary package and pension scheme and a number of other employee benefits, among other things including:
- Health insurance, access to physiotherapy etc.
- Massage scheme
- A host of employee clubs and associations covering everything from sports to art
- Discount clubs
- Great flexibility
- Free parking
How do I apply?
If you think the job sounds interesting, we would love to hear from you! Apply for the job through our homepage by clicking on “Apply for position” and attach CV, application letter and other relevant documents. The application deadline is the 31st May 2021). We will conduct interviews during the application period. If you have any questions, you are welcome to contact
Sales Manager Karsten Borneman on phone no. +45 21 21 09 03. More information about the company can be found at www.man-es.com.
MAN Energy Solutions encourages all qualified candidates regardless of gender, age, religion, disability and ethnic background to apply for this position.