Imagine a future where you’ll contribute to creating a world that runs entirely on green energy by managing the associated and complex financial risks
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for managing the financial risks from our renewable assets. Through your work, you’ll be exposed to challenging tasks within funding, IFRS 9, financial planning, tax, procurement, and much more.
Welcome to Financial Markets Risk
You’ll be part of Financial Markets Risk where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for consolidating and managing our currency, interest rate, and inflation risk picture and for explaining the accounting impact of all financial derivates in the company. Ørsted plans to invest approximately DKK 200 billion towards 2025 in existing and new business activities within renewable energy – an ambitious investment programme that leads to a continuous stream of new and complex challenges in how to manage the associated financial risks.
You’ll play an important role in:
- identifying, presenting, and managing the company’s consolidated inflation and interest rate risk picture
- valuating financial derivatives, e.g. FX forwards, cross-currency swaps, inflation swaps, and options
- handling daily risk management activities, ensuring a high-quality data foundation
- developing, operating, and optimising financial risk management methods, models, processes, and controls
- being a natural risk partner to our key stakeholders, helping them understand risks affiliated with funding, contract pricing, and other activities.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a master’s degree in economics, finance, mathematics, or similar
- are a fast learner and have proven experience in communicating complex matters in a simple way, both verbally and in writing
- have a solid understanding of derivatives
- are a team player, are curious, and have a proactive approach to your work
- are used to working with data and possess good IT skills, including tools like SQL, SAS, VBA, Excel, Power BI, and PowerPoint.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application, CV, and transcripts to us no later than 9 May 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact René Boel Pedersen, Senior Manager, on +4599556429 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
About the job
Application deadline: 9 May 2021
Working hours: Full-time
Employment type: Permanent
René Boel Pedersen
- 6,000 employees worldwide.
- Headquartered in Denmark and located in 13 countries.
- Ørsted develops, constructs and operates offshore and onshore wind farms, solar farms, energy storage facilities, and bioenergy plants, and provides energy products to its customers.
- Our vision is to create a world that runs entirely on green energy.
An inclusive team
Ørsted wants all employees to have the same opportunities for impact and growth, regardless of age, nationality, disability, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation or beliefs. We’re committed to secure an inclusive work environment characterised by a respect for all people so everyone feels free to openly share their input and ideas.
What we offer
- Pension scheme, health insurance and five weeks of holiday entitled by the Danish Holiday Act. In addition to the five weeks of holiday, you’ll also receive a total of 10 paid days off for holiday purposes and fixed holidays per holiday year. For new employees, the allocation of paid holidays is made on a pro rata basis, depending on the date of employment.