Imagine a future - where Internet connectivity knows no boundaries. Do you want to join one of the leading manufacturers of communication and satellite equipment on a fantastic transformational journey?
Cobham SATCOM A/S is currently looking for an RF Development Engineer. Cobham SATCOM is a global tele-communication company where the main purpose of our technology is to keep people safe and connected in the remotest areas both at land and at sea. Big tech companies trust us to help them bring Internet connectivity to remote communities, as we have what it takes to lead and deliver on the most ambitious communications projects. At Cobham SATCOM, our vision is to be the leader in remote connectivity, safeguarding and connecting people and ideas. This gives meaning to the work of our 500+ employees worldwide on an everyday basis. For passionate people looking for autonomy and exciting career opportunities, Cobham SATCOM truly has something special inside.
You will be involved in RF development for our leading satellite communications products, in particular, for our new Yahsat segment. You will be working hands-on with all phases of the development process - from defining design requirements, designing for high-reliability applications, peer reviewing own and others’ designs, product implementation, error-tracking on prototypes as well as verification to design documentation. As a natural extension to the development cycle, you will also be contributing with documentation for production and offering support during new product introduction to both our internal and external production partners. You will be involved in an exciting and high profile project developing world leading solutions for the Yahsat satellite communication system for land, maritime and aeronautical communication.
As an RF Development Engineer, you will be part of a team consisting of 12 RF Designers. You will report into our Team Lead RF located in Kgs. Lyngby.
This role can be based at our headquarters in Kgs. Lyngby right outside Copenhagen or in Aalborg in Northern Jutland.
As an RF Development Engineer, your qualifications should ideally include:
- M.Sc. or B.Sc. in Electronics Engineering (RF), preferably with experience from a similar job in the electronics industry.
- Strong knowledge of RF HW development and design covering circuits such as LNA, HPA, PLL, active and passive filters, amplifiers, mixers, modulators/demodulators and general analogue interface/sensor electronics.
- Solid knowledge of RF/Microwave simulation and measuring techniques. Experience operating spectrum and network analysers.
- You have a system overview and can, for example, understand link budgets/RF system budgets as well as aspects of digital electronics, power supply and mechanics.
- EMC measurements experience and an understanding of applicable regulatory standards.
- System integration experience.
- Strong sense of ownership and responsibility of own tasks.
- You are focused, energetic and have strong interpersonal skills. You take initiatives and are good at communicating with your colleagues, suppliers and other departments on a technical level.
- You are a dedicated team player with focus on knowledge-sharing.
- Ability to plan, schedule and track work within own area.
- Programming or scripting experience for automated tests and data analysis.
- Knowledge of satellites, Wi-Fi or cellular communication.
Starting your career at Cobham SATCOM means that you will be surrounded by peers who are experts in their field where you can learn from the best and gain relevant skills to adapt to this continuously changing world. Being part of Cobham SATCOM opens up opportunities for you to gain both professional and personal development in our performance-oriented environment, where social interactions are highly valued. You will become a part of a diverse organization on a transformational journey, where no two days look the same, working in a culturally diverse organization where both performance and fun are key elements. You will become part of a company where you will work together with talented, helpful and fun colleagues who value teamwork and integrity.
Besides a competitive salary package, we care about our employees and offer a lunch canteen, social events and societies (wine tasting, art club, Friday bar, music band), sport clubs (skiing, cycling, adventure race, badminton), paid fulltime health and accident insurance and a well-equipped fitness room. But most importantly we care about you becoming one of us.
Please be advised that successful candidates must be willing to present a criminal record check and go through the mandatory security clearance prior to commencing employment with Cobham SATCOM.
Cobham SATCOM is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
About Cobham SATCOM:
At Cobham SATCOM, we create, develop, innovate, and share the responsibility to fulfil our potential – both on a company and individual basis. We believe our culture of being highly innovated, our ability to continuously adapt to change, our capability to plan disciplined in connection to the demands and to foster a fun and inspiring work environment empowers us to achieve our ambitions. Join us and be part of bringing our inspiring projects to life. When connection matters you can count on Cobham SATCOM. It will be an exciting and rewarding journey so if you are up for a challenge, we hope to hear from you.