Wärtsilä is leading the maritime industry’s transformation towards a decarbonised and sustainable future. We at Wärtsilä Marine Power are proud to offer our customers the world’s widest network of maritime expertise and the full portfolio from engines to lifecycle solutions.
We want to change the course towards an interconnected and cleaner maritime future and are constantly on the lookout for future-oriented talent to join our team and to work towards enabling sustainable societies with smart technology - together. Are you ready to jump onboard?
Reporting and Analysis Expert
Wärtsilä Asset Management Services - Global Logistics Services is now looking
for an innovative Data Scientist to strengthen our Operations Support team by fostering the digitalization and automation of the analysis process.
You might be the person we are looking for, if you are a team player with good communication skills and the ability to work in an international environment. You should be self-driven, able to take initiative and not be afraid of challenges.
We are offering an opportunity to work in dynamic, international and diversitile environment. Within this position you will be able to work with multiple reporting tools and techniques, as well as actively participating in exciting projects.
The position location is either Vaasa, Helsinki - Finland or Kampen, Drunen - Netherlands.
What will you be doing?
In this position, your main responsibilities consist of providing reports for daily business tasks and ad-hoc requests as well as deep-dive analysis on the data presented on the reports. You will also be accountable for continuous data monitoring and report improvements. As next steps you will be responsible for introducing Machine Learning and AI concepts to our processes.
Your other activities will include:
- Automatization, programming of reports in QlikView / QlikSense / Power BI App
- Automatization of the processes via Robotics or MS Flows
- Pro-active monitoring for interest parties (sales areas & internal customers, WGLS units)
- Communication of changes with interest parties (sales areas & internal customers, WGLS units)
- Development of new reports for interest units within GLS
- Analysing data input and if necessary, improve data quality by specifying required data input.
- Making monthly data analyses on KPI's
- Analysing SAP change requests and/or new functionalities which you will hand down to the technical support team, follow up and test
- Collect and analyse data to develop insights for business and operational performance WGLS (services and deliveries)
- Training sessions for end-result users.
You will shine in this role when you have:
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree (technical or commercial).
- Power BI or QlikView/QlikSense knowledge
- Good communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
- Preferably knowledge of robotics programming (UiPath)
- Preferably knowledge of SQL, GitHub, Machine Learning, SAP Hana (Analytics Cloud), Redshift
The following skills will be seen as an advantage:
- Experience in in projects and consultancy
- Knowledge of Oracle database, Data Warehouse and SAP
- Experience in training and development
Why you and us
We at Wärtsilä believe in empowerment, ownership and taking responsibility of our work. We support each other’s growth and co-creation is the true basis of our innovation. We have courage to see opportunities and take initiative.
We are authentic and honest, and we strongly believe in that by being your own true self you can accomplish so much more. We don’t always get it right the first time, and if mistakes are made, we make sure to learn and grow from them. We want everyone to voice their opinions freely. That is why we have built an environment that empowers you and everyone around you, and where you can feel safe and cared for. Are you eager to be part of this ambition?
Contact & next steps
Does this sound like the job for you? If yes, we hope to hear from you before the application deadline 23 of May 2021, through submitting your application through our careers portal. We aim to keep you updated on the process all the way.
Are you still wondering if you should apply and would like to get something clarified? Please reach out to Agata Hurks-Owsik, Manager, Analysis and Masterdata at email@example.com with any questions related to this position (only for questions from direct job applicants, applications through email will not be recorded or responded to).
Please apply by May 23rd at 23:59 CET. Our recruiting tool recognizes the time zone where the job ad has been published and closes the application period according to same time zone.
Last application date: 23/05/2021
This is Wärtsilä
Wärtsilä Marine Power leads the industry in its journey towards a decarbonised
and sustainable future. Our portfolio of engines, propulsion systems, hybrid technology, and integrated powertrain systems deliver the reliability, safety, and environmental performance that Wärtsilä’s Smart Marine vision encompasses. We offer our customers performance-based agreements, lifecycle solutions, and an unrivalled global network of
maritime expertise. www.wartsila.com/marine
Wärtsilä is a global leader in smart technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising sustainable innovation, total efficiency and data analytics, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. In 2020, Wärtsilä’s net sales totalled EUR 4.6 billion with approximately 18,000 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 70 countries around the world. Wärtsilä is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki. Find out more at www.wartsila.com