MacGregor shapes the offshore and marine industries by offering world-leading engineering solutions and services with a strong portfolio of MacGregor, Hatlapa, Porsgrunn, Pusnes and Triplex brands. Shipbuilders, owners and operators are able to optimise the lifetime profitability, safety, reliability and environmental sustainability of their operations by working in close cooperation with us.
MacGregor: Shape your journey onboard and offshore with us
MacGregor is a world class supplier of equipment for load handling, mooring and loading/offloading solutions. As we are now facing an increasing interest for our legacy product portfolio, as well as building a leading position as a provider of offshore renewables solutions, we are looking for R&D Specialists to join Macgregor’s Offshore Solutions Division. This position reports to Director Technology and R&D. The location of this position is Kristiansand, Norway.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Development of control systems, simulations and software using e.g. modelling, vision technology, software development, AI, robotics and control theory
- Solve advanced technical tasks required by development projects
- Give technology advice to projects
- Propose new technologies, products or solutions that will strengthen MacGregors offering.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Master or Phd within Control System or Software Engineering
- Relevant experience may compensate lack of formal education
- More than 3 years of experience with development work, preferably within relevant industry
- Real-time control system development, especially for multi-axis control
- Object oriented programming knowledge e.g. Structured Text, C++, Python, and C#
- Applied mathematics, especially 3D geometry and vector/matrix algebra.
You will be part of:
MacGregor: By joining MacGregor, you will be able to work closely with leading industry professionals, developing and implementing new concepts that set the standards in the maritime transportation and offshore industries. We offer our employees the opportunity to be part of a truly global organization leveraged upon our shared values of Integrity, Quality and Safety. With us you will be part of a collaborative working culture with challenges and opportunities to further develop yourself professionally.
Interested to join?
For further information please contact Eivind Gimming Stensland, Director Technology and R&D on email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are excited about this opportunity, please submit your CV by 08.06.2021.
MacGregor is part of Cargotec
MacGregor shapes the offshore and marine industries by offering world-leading engineering solutions and services with a strong portfolio of MacGregor, Hatlapa, Porsgrunn, Pusnes and Triplex brands. Shipbuilders, owners and operators are able to optimise the lifetime profitability, safety, reliability and environmental sustainability of their operations by working in close cooperation with MacGregor.
MacGregor solutions and services for handling marine cargoes, vessel operations, offshore loads,crude/LNG transfer and offshore mooring are all designed to perform with the sea. www.macgregor.com
MacGregor is part of Cargotec. Cargotec's (Nasdaq Helsinki: CGCBV) sales in 2020 totalled approximately EUR 3.3 billion and it employs around 11,500 people.