Can you take us to the next level in Quality?
In just 25 years, NOV Flexibles has moved from being a pioneering newcomer to a world-leading player in the field of flexible pipes for the offshore oil and gas industry. We are launching a process to align the quality expectations of tomorrowâ€™s market with the requirements of responsible and safe manufacturing, and we are looking for a Quality Engineer, Projects for our BrÃ¸ndby HQ to help us get going. Is that you?
Duties: Develop, communicate, and guarantee quality
This is a critical role to the NOVs Quality Strategy journey where you will strengthen the Quality performance in the commercial projects and maintain the integrity of the certified quality system requirements and serving as the â€œQuality voice of the customerâ€�. This means that on the one hand, you have daily contact with customers to ensure and align their high-Quality expectation with high tech products, specs and contracts through-out the project execution. On the other hand, you work closely with colleagues in the Sales, Project, Engineering, Supply Chain, HSE & Quality departments to streamline and improve our Quality efforts, Right First Time and ensure high level of compliance and consistency across interfaces.
Being a part of our Global Quality Group and working closely together with the Project Department at our HQ in BrÃ¸ndby, you take part in developing and driving an effective and compliant quality system by managing Quality requirements, associated procedures, processes and documents and ensure proactive quick and precise communication to various customers and internal stakeholders. You leverage and advance your existing Quality and technical skills to explore and develop methods of continuous improvement in alignment with stakeholders and our overall Quality strategy. Critical to this role is your ability to be in control proactively and identify potential quality risk and opportunities timely, communicate across internal and external stakeholders, and mitigate and document your analysis of quality issues.
Among your specific duties are:
- Ensure quality in tenders and project start-ups
- Review, comment and manage specifications and contracts and any clarifications and qualifications
- Communicate NOV quality management system to customer proactively
- Ensure Lessons Learned and improvements from previous projects are embedded and communicated showing continuous improvements
- Manage and report relevant leading and lagging indicators to ensure Quality confidence and Right First Time
- Ensure Customer Quality specific requirements are managed
- Perform audits internally and externally (remote as well as present - travel to be expected)
- Manage ITPs, deviation, concession requests and NCRs and cooperate and support other functions with right Quality level.
- Support project change management and ensure quality satisfaction
- Conduct Quality training and facilitate risk sessions, FMEA/FMECA and lessons learned
- Analyse quality performance and improvement opportunities
- Ensure Risk and Opportunities are managed, mitigated and up-to-date trough out the project phases
- Perform Root Cause Analysis and manage CAPA
- Work with departments to raise awareness of the importance of quality and train in quality procedures.
- Develop and take responsibility for the Quality Control measurement system across departments and communicate upfront to customers how quality is controlled and managed together with the other Quality Engineers in the team.
- Interface with Sales and Project departments to ensure correct Quality requirements during contract work.
- Analyse and report quality problems to identify root causes and implement corrective and preventive actions.
- Perform internal audits and take lead on external audits.
- Monitor, analyse and communicate Quality performance and trends and ensure quality systems are utilized to support the Quality Strategy objectives.
- Ensure improvements, deviations and lessons learned are shared within the Global Quality Group
- Monitor feedback from customers to identify any quality concerns and liaise with project organization and customer reps to resolve any issues.
Qualifications: Energy. Engineering. Quality.
We expect that you have a mid-advanced level education in the field of engineering and QA/QC, and that you have used that education to gain comprehensive experience with Quality management in a high-end engineering company. You should have proven experience working in a similar level role and preferably have a broad understanding of the Energy, Oil and Gas sector and subsea products and knowledge of ISO and API standards.
Furthermore, we hope you can recognize yourself in these requirements:
- Industry-approved lead auditor training in ISO9001 with experience of auditing, reporting and effective follow-up.
- Be able to generate, maintain and review quality plans, KPIs and inspection and test plans.
- Proven experience working with root cause investigations, corrective and preventive actions and risk management.
- Technical understanding of polymer and steel-related manufacturing is beneficial
- Working knowledge of IT, including Microsoft Office and statistical tools.
- Relevant HSE Qualifications would also be desirable, not essential.
- Proficiency in Danish and English at negotiation level is mandatory.
You: Careful, technical, coaching communicator
As our Quality Engineer, Projects, you communicate and interact with people at all levels within and outside the organization. You must have the ability to challenge, coach, and be a strong sparring partner to line managers. It is therefore essential that you have outstanding communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills. Finally, you must be able to understand and assimilate our core values, so you always represent them, and us in general, in the best possible manner.
For the right person, this job is a unique opportunity to grow professionally and personally while helping a one-of-a-kind company take the next steps of an amazing journey. We look forward to hearing from you.
Interviews are conducted continuously, so please send your application as soon as possible.