Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Assist duty engineer officer as required in maintaining the engine room for the vessel.
- Assist the chief engineer and assistant engineer in doing daily maintenance or repairs to vessel equipment.
- Oil and grease moving parts, such as gears, shafts and bearings of engines and auxiliary equipment used to propel maritime vessels
- Start and stop auxiliary machinery
- Assist with lining up valves and lines for engine room systems
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly preventative maintenance
- Keep engine room and other machinery spaces clean and oil free
- Fill oil cups on machinery with grease and lubricating oil according to machinery lubrication instructions.
- Read pressure and temperature gauges, recording data in the engineering log
- Clean and paint the machinery space and all the machinery in it to prevent corrosion
- Take readings and measurements to examine machinery for specific pressure and flow of lubricants
- Perform minor repairs.
- Two (2) years minimum related experience.
- Vessel experience in the Gulf of Mexico within the oil and gas industry is preferred.
- Knowledge of SMS shipboard procedures.
- Merchant Mariner’s Credential (Z-card) with QMED endorsement.
- STCW-95 (Standard Training and Watch Keeping Certification) with RFEW (Rate Forming Part of an Engineering Watch) endorsement.
- SafeGulf experience.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Valid TWIC card.
- Valid Passport
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Vocational training.
- Clearance Required: S
This position is considered OFFSHORE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Outdoors and indoors, day and night, as well as over/near water.
- Requires working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment.
- Frequently the humidity is above 90%, noise is over 85 decibels and the light is intense/glare.
- Potential exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Constant exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
- Work surface is stable, height is elevated.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered HEAVY work.
Lift 50-100 pounds
Work in confined spaces, kneel, jump, run, work while lying on his stomach/back, crawl, and use repetitive movements of the arms and hands.
Differentiate between colors
Wear PPE for skin protection.
Steel/safety toed shoes/boots
Lift 25-50 pounds
Wear PPE for head, hands
Climb stairs/ladders, stand, balance, stoop, squat, reach, and lift/carry objects.
Twist, sit with back supported, head forward/flexed, head tilted/rotated
Work with arms extended below the waist, unsupported, elbows flexed, wrist supported and unsupported.
Operate a motor vehicle
Lift 10-20 pounds
Standing and walking
Wear PPE for body, vision, and hearing protection
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.