MacGregor shapes the offshore and marine industries by offering world-leading engineering solutions and services with a strong portfolio of MacGregor, Hatlapa, Porsgrunn, Pusnes and Triplex brands. Shipbuilders, owners and operators are able to optimise the lifetime profitability, safety, reliability and environmental sustainability of their operations by working in close cooperation with us.
Join us to solve future challenges within offshore renewable energy
MacGregor is a world class supplier of equipment for load handling, mooring and loading/offloading solutions. As we are now facing an increasing interest for our Fishery and Research product portfolio, as well as building a leading position as a provider of offshore renewables solutions, we are looking for Purchasers to join MacGregor’s Offshore Solutions Division (OSD).
The role is responsible for purchasing and delivering components for site production and to coordinate purchasing related activities for the project manager in assigned Projects.
This position reports to Manager Purchasing, and will be a part of the global Sourcing and Supply Chain in the dedicated Business Line.
The location of this position can be Bodø, Averøy or Kristiansand, Norway.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Give input to Sales Department on item costs in the bid-phase
- Upon Project demand participate as Purchase responsible in the Project Team
- Negotiate prices, handle purchase requisitions, place POs, and follow up delivery
- Be the main Supplier Responsible (SR) for dedicated suppliers
- Obtain and report on item delivery status on a regular basis
- Responsible for, on a continuous basis, to identify and execute cost saving actions
- Meeting own KPI’s and contributing to department KPI’s.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Bachelor‘s Degree in relevant fieldAdequate education at Bachelor level
- Preferred degree in Business Administration, Procurement, Logistics Management or Science
- Technical/Commercial background with documented results in similar positions may compensate for formal education
- At least 3 years (Sr. 5 years) of purchasing experience
- Good communication and negotiations skills with a pleasant and polite attitude
- Tidiness and ability to “Multitask”
- Fluent English, oral and written
- Mature personality and ability to work in an international and multicultural environment
- Flexibility in regards to travelling to other OSD/ MacGregor locations is a requirement.
You will be part of:
By joining MacGregor, you will be able to work closely with leading industry professionals, developing and implementing new concepts that set the standards in the maritime transportation and offshore industries. We offer our employees the opportunity to be part of a truly global organization leveraged upon our shared values of Integrity, Quality and Safety. With us you will be part of a collaborative working culture with challenges and opportunities to further develop yourself professionally.
Interested to join?
For further information please contact Annette Olsen, Sr. Manager Purchasing on email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are excited about this opportunity, please submit your CV by 20.09.2021.
MacGregor is part of Cargotec
MacGregor shapes the offshore and marine industries by offering world-leading engineering solutions and services with a strong portfolio of MacGregor, Hatlapa, Porsgrunn, Pusnes and Triplex brands. Shipbuilders, owners and operators are able to optimise the lifetime profitability, safety, reliability and environmental sustainability of their operations by working in close cooperation with MacGregor.
MacGregor solutions and services for handling marine cargoes, vessel operations, offshore loads,crude/LNG transfer and offshore mooring are all designed to perform with the sea. www.macgregor.com
MacGregor is part of Cargotec. Cargotec's (Nasdaq Helsinki: CGCBV) sales in 2020 totalled approximately EUR 3.3 billion and it employs around 11,500 people.