Fugro is the world’s leading Geo-data specialist, collecting and analyzing comprehensive information about the Earth and the structures built upon it. Through integrated data acquisition, analysis and advice, we unlock insights from Geo-data to help our clients design, build and operate their assets in a safe, sustainable and efficient manner.
Fugro’s office in Oslo, Norway is now hiring a Proposal Manager. We conduct hydrographic, geophysical, geotechnical and environmental surveys of the seabed and shallow overburden. Our market varies from offshore energy to offshore fish farms, deep sea mining and maritime infrastructure.
Your key responsibilities will include the review of client provided Invitations to Tender (ITT) and using your technical and commercial knowledge to plan surveys by engaging relevant internal stakeholders, assigning relevant resources, identifying areas of innovation, preparing schedules, preparing prices, identifying project risks, writing the tender documents and liaising with clients.
This job is for you if
- You are someone who enjoys the detailed work of tender production.
- You come from an offshore geophysical or geotechnical background with a good understanding of the principles of commercial tendering
- You have a commercial, project management or service sales background in a related discipline
Key tasks & Responsibilities
- Reading and reviewing ITTs
- Proposal strategy with revenue and cost analysis
- Liaison with operational and legal staff
- Meeting clients and negotiating projects
- Maintain knowledge on new techniques and technologies through continuous professional development.
- For the right candidate, this role will also contain a business development part with focus on new markets like offshore wind and deep-sea mining
- Conduct business development activities such as client visits, seminars and presentations
- BSc or MSc in a relevant field or relevant equivalent commercial, management or sales experience
- Extensive experience in a similar industry
- Skilled problem solver with excellent verbal and written communication with a methodical common-sense approach, attention to detail and exceptional inter-personal and communication skills
- Is fluent in English and Norwegian, both oral and in writing
- Client orientated approach
- Motivation, enthusiasm and drive to succeed across a multi-disciplinary team
- Strong numeracy skills with good Microsoft Office capabilities
- Experience of producing written deliverables
- Able to keep pace with short deadlines and high working speed
- Experience preparing winning proposals
- Ability to think outside the box and design innovative solutions or schedules
- Business development
- Negotiation experience
As a leading company in our market, Fugro can offer an interesting, international and inspiring job opportunity. Our work environment is characterized by enthusiasm, team spirit and commitment. We provide a competitive salary, flexible work hours and good pension and insurance arrangements.
If you are interested in this position and meet most of the above criteria, submit your application and CV on www.fugro.com
For further information about the position please contact
HR Professional – Evelyn Auflem
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated .