WANT TO TAKE YOUR TECHNICAL SALES TALENT TO THE NEXT LEVEL?
National Oilwell Varco Denmark I/S is looking for a Proposal Engineer for the offshore industry.
National Oilwell Varco Subsea Production Systems (NOV SPS) designs and manufactures flexible pipes and specific, innovative products for the offshore oil and gas industry. Headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark, we leverage superior engineering and state-of-the-art manufacturing technology to establish long-term partnerships with global contractors and oil companies.
Would you like to work in an internationally oriented environment? Can you see yourself designing the best possible proposal for global offshore operators? Do you have flair for coordinating tasks with many different departments? Do you have some years of technical sales experience and are ready for new challenges, or are you a recent graduate (Global Business Engineer or the like)?
At NOV SPS in BrÃ¸ndby we are looking for a Proposal Engineer to prepare offers for flexible pipes and underwater structures for offshore oil and gas production.
Your work will consist of creating high quality offers that meet customer requirements in relation to their offshore projects . Your work is dependent on involvement from several departments in the company so you will have a broad interface with Supply Chain Management, Legal, Manufacturing, Projects, Engineering and Management â€“ and of course your colleagues in our sales department.
In order to succeed, you must be able to work independently and in a structured manner with the ability to motivate internal stakeholders and collaborators and ensure the best progress towards our common goal: delivering the best possible offer on time . It is a prerequisite that you are able to understand the customersâ€™ needs and requirements as expressed in complex technical specifications as you decode them into a commercially attractive and technically sound offer.
- Your work might involve some travel activity (up to 10 days/year) but will for the most part take place at our HQ in BrÃ¸ndby. Here you will:
- Compile and submit proposal packages based on customer requirements and specifications, including coordination with other departments and preparation of cost estimates
- Lead and participate in internal meetings to adjust the tender strategies and to resolve technical and commercial issues
- Be responsible for the ongoing contact with the customer for clarifications and negotiations
- Be responsible for project hand-over to the project department when the contract is captured
- Global Business Engineer or the equivalent, preferably with experience from a similar position
- Solid technical understanding and knowledge of the offshore industry at a commercial level
- A good sense for priority setting and time management enabling you to meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a structured and independent manner under occasionally very tight deadlines
- Ability to motivate others and manage projects with many stakeholders
We expect you to be
- Customer-focused, diplomatic and trustworthy
- Cool under pressure and comfortable with uncertainty
- Flexible and quick-thinking with an eye for details
- Highly proficient in English (writing and speaking)
- A job in a dynamic and innovative company
- An international environment experiencing strong growth
- An informal work environment with exciting projects
- Committed colleagues with a high professional level
- Good opportunities for personal and professional growth
Are you the right candidate?
- We review applications continuously, so send us your CV and your motivated application as soon as possible.