European Energy is a Danish privately owned company in rapid growth. We cover all phases of wind and photovoltaic (PV) solar projects, from greenfield development to construction, operation, and divestment of assets. Our company of 260 employees has since 2004 installed more than 2 GW of renewable energy and have a pipeline of 24 GW. We operate globally and employ 24 different nationalities at our HQ in Copenhagen and our offices in Sweden, the UK, Germany, Italy, Poland, Lithuania, and Spain. Our mission is to be a significant force in the global transition to a society free of fossil energy.
You will be part of our Offshore team, which handles the development of our projects globally. We are currently working on projects totaling 900 MW in development stage in Denmark and we expect to start construction work in 2024-2025. We have further pre-qualified for the 1 GW Thor tender and we have ambitions to grow our pipeline even further. Your focus will be to manage these projects on time, at agreed cost and scope.
As Project Manager you will manage the development of the projects to financial close including coordinating the team and secure progress. You will report to the Head of Offshore Wind and update him on regular basis with the latest development on DEVEX, CAPEX, OPEX, scope and time, which is crucial for a successful project execution. You will work in close cooperation with internal as well as external stakeholders.
Areas of Responsibility:
- You will be responsible to develop the projects to FID
- Timely delivering of projects within agreed scope and budget
- Negotiations with suppliers and other stakeholders
- Tracking and updating the DEVEX, CAPEX and OPEX budget
- Stakeholder management of intern and external stakeholders
- Coordinate the team and project documentation
Professional skills we expect from you
- You have completed a bachelor or master at university level or an equivalent institution within engineering, economics etc.
- At least 5 years of experience from a similar role
- Experience with the offshore wind energy industry
- You have developed large infrastructure projects
- PMI project management certificate or similar
- Full professional proficiency in English and Danish
- Strong leadership skills
It is essential that you possess strong problem solving skills, critical thinking and that you are motivated by completing projects successfully and going the extra mile.
The position entails navigating in a dynamic environment with many stakeholders and occasional challenges, which is why you must thrive with unforeseen events and shifts in priorities. You thrive in an environment with a variation of interesting tasks.
We offer an opportunity to take on a role with great responsibility in the renewable industry. As part of an international and fast-growing company with colleagues from various countries and with different professional backgrounds, you will work and benefit from a diverse working environment as well as a flat company hierarchy.
Location: Søborg, Denmark
Apply for the position: Please submit your application including a CV and motivational letter in English to using the “apply for position” button to the right
More information: Contact Recruitment Manager Mads Nygaard, firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews: Due to summer vacation we plan to conduct interviews mid August.