Project Engineers / Lead Project Engineers, Electrical Design for Green Energy Transition Projects
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Norway PAEN (Process Automation and Energy Industries) is involved in projects delivering electrical equipment and advanced control systems covering a broad field of applications. We are looking to expand our team to address markets in growth such as land-based industry, advanced buildings, onshore and offshore fish farms, hydro power plants, offshore wind, power from shore and more. As Project Engineer you are accountable for delivery in accordance with contract specifications, quality standards, cost estimates and safety requirements of the project. You provide technical support for engineering, testing, installation and commissioning activities and act as a technical specialist with good knowledge on electrical systems. It is natural for you to coach, support and advise both colleagues, customers and suppliers. In this role, you work close with the project management team, the project engineering team, suppliers and customers. The role reports to Engineering Manager.
- Engineering & Design of electrical distribution plants, including medium and low voltage switchboards, transformers, rotating equipment, and more.
- Design solutions and follow up specifications according to customer’s requirements.
- Implement customer functional requirements into ABB’s products.
- Follow up and execute review and upgrade-activities in projects
- The position involves work together with Norwegian and internationals customers and vendors, therefore some travelling must be expected.
- B.Sc., M.Sc. or equivalent in Electric Power Engineering
- Fluent in Norwegian as this is required to fulfill contractual requirements with our customers, able to communicate in English, verbal and written.
- Familiar with Norwegian industrial standards and requirements, including knowledge to “beredskapsforskriften”.
- Some of the projects require “sikkerhetsklarering” of the involved persons. We are therefore looking for candidates eligible or already approved according to regulations for work on sensitive Norwegian infrastructure and installations.
- You have commercial awareness, work as a team player and are service-minded, eager to learn and develop yourself and your colleagues, and can combine theoretical knowledge and practical skills.
- You preferably have a previous experience as a Package Engineer in electrical projects, where your scope has covered most of the following: Medium Voltage packages (AIS and GIS. 5-22kV), Low Voltage switchboards, Dry type transformers.
- Knowledge of multifunction protection relays & their role in a power system is a must.
- Knowledge to electrical control networks (IEC 61850).
- It is a major benefit if you are familiar with interfacing electrical equipment with automation systems.
- Experience with “hands-on” programming/testing and commissioning of protection relays for HV and LV (experience as Commissioning Engineer) is a benefit.
- As our projects stretch from early concept evaluations to retrofit on existing plants, we appreciate candidates with experience in study projects and / or FEED.
More about us
As your employer, ABB can offer: • Technical and personal challenges in a positive and innovative environment • Informal and good work relations between co-workers and managers • Positive and exciting work environment in a global organization with future career opportunities • Professional growth • Competitive salary • Flexible hours, good insurance, and pension • Various welfare programs, such as company cabins, fitness facilities etc. • Possibility for international assignments For any questions regarding the position please contact Are-Jostein Røynestad, email: email@example.com. The position is located in Oslo, ABB will have their new office facilities at Fornebu from spring 2022. We look forward to your application via our job portal where you present yourself and your ambitions, your CV and other attachments such as transcripts, letter of recommendations etc. by 01.08.2021. Please note that in cooperation with Meditor Search we conduct a background screening on all candidates that receive an offer of employment in ABB Norway. This to ensure best quality in our recruitment process, according with ABBs company policy. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.